Air bag suspension chat

KKtrips

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to come and shoot you guys in the head if you pay heaps for a tank, fittings, nylon air lines, or anything liek that.

I cringe when i see guys on trademe paying heaps for airtanks that are like $225 for the 50litre ones as found on large artic trailers. probably less if you go to vernon and vazey or vincent truck parts

get fittings from http://www.brassfit.co.nz/

or twl or simialr. nylon from the same.

get bags, compressor, and controller from usa if you must.

kk, you're going fee-ate on the vh, or are you gon' stay 202? if 202, get a york comp for it. sooo much room to mount on on that bad boy.

• Like 1

I'm going to come and shoot you guys in the head if you pay heaps for a tank, fittings, nylon air lines, or anything liek that.

I cringe when i see guys on trademe paying heaps for airtanks that are like $225 for the 50litre ones as found on large artic trailers. probably less if you go to vernon and vazey or vincent truck parts

get fittings from http://www.brassfit.co.nz/

or twl or simialr. nylon from the same.

get bags, compressor, and controller from usa if you must.

kk, you're going fee-ate on the vh, or are you gon' stay 202? if 202, get a york comp for it. sooo much room to mount on on that bad boy.

stay to-ho-too for naow.. Want york action fo shizzle.. when I go V8 may go dive tanks/electric if I canne fit le york...

Ahh yeah, more than likely start to make tracks middle of next month. Just need to nail down bag sizing, which this weekends measuring should assist with.

OK - I'll work towards purchasing bags then also.. Keen for group buy perhaps?

Anyone else coanly keen?

• Like 1

Anyone else coanly keen?

As discussed, coanly keen. Just for bags much the same. I'll probably start throwing them in next winter when I change the engine and slowly start sorting out the plumbing/control side as I go.

Pending price, may even pick up a couple extra rear bags to chuck in a trailer/caravan down the track/dreaming.

i wish my cars weren't anti air bags (wish bone fronts and leave sprung rear) would take far to much re-engineering to bother. Too bad would be fun to toy with ideas.

There are options around 10-5, I don't know what peoples opinions are on setups like this, but this doesn't seem too bad. Just take a leaf or two out until the car sits low, then make up a simple bracket position the airbag exactly the same as people with coil rears will. I've never been a big fan of this type of thing, but theres no reason it would be dodgy with enough leaves in there. I've seen a rough as setup before on a ute that had huge travel and only a single leaf, which isn't exactly ideal.

3034_7mg.jpg

The above picture if from a link that neo12o899082908 posted in spam, which I moved into here.

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Airbag-S ... ticle.html

Its now a page or 2 back though.

The front isn't exactly anti air bag either, most solid chassis vehicles run that setup as far as I'm aware. Just follow what the Camel did with the Crown as an example because it worked really well. Only hard part is positioning the shock, but if you keep this in mind when you tackle the initial install, it will make the process much easier.

One leaf sags, twist and can snap yowzer know this, its not meant to move through that range of motion

Pretty much this. With at least 3 leaves you still have them functioning more or less as they were intended, but with a limited range of motion you will still be able to get a good lift, without pushing everything to the limit.

I suppose an uprated single leaf would also work, but you want the leaves to be doing very little other than retaining the correct geometry of the diff etc/limiting flex on acceleration, so 3 leaves would do this better than even an uprated leaf would.

Go ten-5. Bag that President.