KKtrips

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also the bridgestone/firestone guy hasn't rung my back

rage

that 70-2000 number isn't relevant to anyone but that 'customs' outfit.

i spoke to the guy in nz and he said they don't do that stuff anymore, and they sold all their stock and pass all enquiries for light airbags on to http://www.airbagman.com.au/lightvehicle.html#

talked to them. they said to go further they need required measurements and shit. lewl.

Load is definitely related to pressure, in the front of your car because of the engine you usually will run allot more pressure than the rear to compensate. I was running maybe 30-40 more psi in the front

There are many controllers on the market, the most basic uses pressure senders. You will have predetermined ride-heights which relate to certain pressures you have setup. Problem with this is when you load up the car these pressures will now not relate to the ride height you want, as you now need more pressure to raise the car up.

To compensate the higher end controllers use simple potentiometers on suspension arms to determine ride height and compensate for load with these. You would have to be on a level surface for this to work of course

This is a more common (and expensive) controller, notice the level sensors are just variable resistors with arms you can mount to suspension components

http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspension-components/components-hardware/compressor-system-components/ridepro-e3-and-levelpro-components/ridepro-e3-control-system.html

Load is definitely related to pressure, in the front of your car because of the engine you usually will run allot more pressure than the rear to compensate. I was running maybe 30-40 more psi in the front

There are many controllers on the market, the most basic uses pressure senders. You will have predetermined ride-heights which relate to certain pressures you have setup. Problem with this is when you load up the car these pressures will now not relate to the ride height you want, as you now need more pressure to raise the car up.

Surely even the cheaper pressure sensor ones would be:

A. A whole step above in terms of ease of use to a conventional switch arrangement &

B. Still a viable option if the controller had a number of pressure settings, IE have an extra setting for the rear when laden with boes/bishes, little bit to setup to start but surely better than having to press switches and watch the gauges to get it right.

Google there is like 1000, your going to be spending abit to get a basic one that will look like shit :D

Air command has one

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/ ... aircommand

This one is a electronic switch pad with some height pre-sets

http://www.accuairsuspension.com/produc ... _tpad.html

There are millions, google

Also can get a iphone app to control your bags haha

i don't see any were in there you can't have switchs and to lock out the system last time i ask the cert guy all i needed to do was run the earth for my switchs to the handbrake switch the one that makes the light come on, on the dash.

EDIT: just saw on the side note that you can't use park break switch

also make sure you make your hoses the same length

Im NOT keen on digital pressure gauges as i brought one and it was nothing but trouble it never sits on a reading like it shows in the pic every time someone or somthing moves in the car it put pressure on the bag witch makes the reading change so no point looking at it well driving as every bump you hit makes it go up and down

For shipping - this guy I have used before and is really helpful he sends over here regular as - like weekly/monthly.

http://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/kiwi-ship ... reight.asp

I also know a couple people over there at the mo who are coming back soon - doubt they can bring back something of that size though..

Though a few airbags in the luggage shouldn't be too hard..

They're only place I've seen with the bags that go over strut tubes/not looking properly.

Priced up stz from Grants Kustoms too which seemed quite cheap on a lot of things.

I've looked HEAAAAPS for like 6 months and they all seem to refer back to this place - or if a website doesn't directly refer back to UA they sell bags branded by UA..

I am going to buy just the bags myself - I'll get the rest of it over here through Cam or someone like that.. LOL