Spanners beams starlet

spanners

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will put up more photos one day. Whole build is on Club-k, cant be fucked doing it again here but will put up vital info.

Mounts are easy, basically used altezza rubber mounts on starlet x member, had to space x member down 12mm to help bring 3s down to a reasonable height. This motor is taller than Dennis Rodman (not as bisexual though).

and HA I just sold my quads and stacks - the cost of an ECU is just too high for the gains. Would cost me 3k on top to do quads, I just cant be fucked with that. If anything later I will supercharge it if I still want more beef.

The altezza plenum doesnt fit, its huge, so I am going to have to get a custom one made up. It really sucks cos every little thing I change means standard ECU gets less an less suitable, but Im sure it will be ok.

It's pretty easy to disable the motor in the throttle body and make it completely cable controlled.

Saves having to muck around with pedal position sensors and what not.

Although not sure if the ECU will throw a tanty that way.

Any plans on sussing the returnless fuel line setup?

You'll need an adjustable FPR if you run a fuel return, cos the returnless setup runs a rather high fuel pressure, cant just fit a normal Toyota FPR on there.

My engine barely clears the bonnet in a Carina engine bay and is still way close to the ground...

Carina engine bay is friggen huge compared to Starlet! :shock:

This will be an awesome fun car when it's done!

You'll need an adjustable FPR if you run a fuel return, cos the returnless setup runs a rather high fuel pressure, cant just fit a normal Toyota FPR on there

I have a tomei FPR and a walbro 255lph pump, plus a surge tank and lift pump. Im not too sure what max fuel pressure is supposed to be though, I heard 62psi somewhere.

Its turning out to be one fucking expensive fuel system

You'll need an adjustable FPR if you run a fuel return, cos the returnless setup runs a rather high fuel pressure, cant just fit a normal Toyota FPR on there

I have a tomei FPR and a walbro 255lph pump, plus a surge tank and lift pump. Im not too sure what max fuel pressure is supposed to be though, I heard 62psi somewhere.

Its turning out to be one fucking expensive fuel system

careful with that walbro, they normally stall at ~55psi, 62psi sound excessively high, most cars are about 38-42 base pressure

bosch are good for about 115psi tho if you do want it high

Diff looks nice. Who did it?

Got any more photos?

An engineer in wanganui - family friend. the guy is a fucking genius.

What do you want more photos of? I have a few lying around but not any of diff out of car

Interesting about walbro pump. I just didnt wanna get a bosch one after the last one I had gave me nightmares

Diff looks nice. Who did it?

Got any more photos?

An engineer in wanganui - family friend. the guy is a fucking genius.

What do you want more photos of? I have a few lying around but not any of diff out of car

Interesting about walbro pump. I just didnt wanna get a bosch one after the last one I had gave me nightmares

Oh sweet nah all good don't worry about it if you don't have good ones lying round.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...