Spanners beams starlet

spanners

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

yeah bruv been here for ages but work has been slow. My stepbro broke his arm working at an engineering shop so I told his boss id take over for a couple of weeks if he let me use his shop to do my car. So progress should be good. In the end I am actually working there paid full time until xmas so will have a lot of late nights making that bitch so so sweet!

will tear it all apart for panel and paint at some stage but that will be last thing to do, so that once its done i dont have to fuck up my paint by fitting new brackets etc

Haha exactly, Im doing the same thing. Tempted to even go for cert with it unpainted incase I have to change anything, tho I should be sweet.

Mines gonna look so gay at cert time. I plan to have it so slammed that the sump hits catseyes but of course will need to have all 4 corners wound up to 90mm for cert, so I will have hacked guards etc that wont be filled with wheels. I have to do what you did on the front soon - whip off the guards, chuck the car in the air and turn full lock left to right and see what hits.

Yeah I just got the engine back in Kermit last night. With two people bouncing on the front, my sump/ crossmember bottoms out on ground :D . Im gonna modify the sump, and stick a filthy big sump guard from the radiator support panel back to the gbox. Do you need to wind it up to 90mm to get enough travel/ suspension arms correct.

Na all my suspension is adjustable and is sweet at quite a range of heights I think, but 90mm is the height of my sidewall and thats the lowest that the cert guy is gonna let me go. Unless I get lower profile front tyres which might allow a slightly lower car.

Does your engine pretty much sit on the x-member? Mine has about 1mm clearance, which means my sump is the lowest point on the car. Not a great idea but its cheaper than a dry sump (altho drysump is fucking brilliant)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey spanners. Looking mint. When you say you have spent loads to get the beams in there. What sort of money are you talking about at an estimate ? What where the most expensive unexpected bits etc ? Kind of second guessing whether I should bother with my ke70. Keep up the great work though!