Spanners beams starlet

spanners

the x member is spaced down 12mm.

I have been thinking about the spacing down of the cross-member, do you reckon there is any downside to it in regard to steering rack position and angle of the lower suspension ams..

Definitely a disadvantage, dont do it unless you absolutely have to.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i sold the chevron for 11k to an engineer, I hope he sorts it out. Would have been a lot of work! He seemed clued up though

Spacing down x member wasnt that bad for LCA and steering rack placement, you just need bigger RCAs. Easy peasy

The only real cunt of a thing is that the steering rack doesnt line up with the steering column as well, so you need to sort that out. And that my sump will live below sea level

I went on an epic search around pick a parts to find a half width honda radiator, to test fit in mine before seeing if it would be worthwhile to buy an aftermarket alloy one.

Couldnt find a single one anywhere.

Found a suzuki swift had a similar setup, found a twin core alloy radiator on TM so bought that.

Went back to pick a part to get the radiator fan and shroud, and the whole lot was gone.

Turned around to walk away, then glanced back and realised that the fan and shroud were just sitting on the ground next to the car.

Easiest pick a part mish ever! :D

I paid 250 for mine. I think thats pretty fucking reasonable.

My mate has one cooling a 505hp 4agte and he says it works sweet, so it should be all good. I spent hours trying to find something suitable, i chose this one as its been proven on much more powerful motors and also leaves me room for oil cooler and intercooler piping

Karmageddon what centre console you talking about? i didnt think i had one...

• 2 weeks later...

I found the windscreen installation pretty easy in my starlet.. Also those are some pretty flash sunnies you have there..

Is there any starter motor clearance issues? I know we had dramas on my mates mk1 cortina beams conversion.

Although the W series box and bell he had meant that the starter was on the oppisite side to normal.

where was it? was it running good and hauling ass etc?

Last round of Road and Track Sprint Series at Manfeild... seemed to be running well enough, hauled ass in a straight line but from the looks of things the guy was still getting the hang of it all.

• 4 weeks later...