NicT's Pansy mx5

NicT

Another cool engine for the mx5 is a mazda V6. Seriuosly under estimated engines.

The 2.5 L KL V6 (626 telstar etc) is an all alloy engine thats very compact, very very cheap and goes hard.

Rotarys are great but there downside is the cost of rebuilding one. For the price of a set of apex seals you can buy a whole V6.

An even better engine is the 2.5 L KLZE V6 factory 218 hp based on the 2.5 L KL V6 but found in the MX6

Did a search and found this link on utube.

Soz mang

But having a v6 miata is like having a 4 cyl bently.

Rotor / v8

Or nothing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Mondeo BTCC engine was based on a version of the KL, though I could be wrong.

A high revving NA V6 is just heavenly if you ask me, but obviously you have invested in the rotary conversion and are keen on that option, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to go with something out at this stage.

Watch this video with the sound turned up though, just incase. :wink:

Not a mx5 or a 13b but defiantely NA rota goodness!!

Now we're talking!!! :D

3 rotors is acceptable. I must admit, when I saw 2 13b's there I secretly hoped they'd be getting bolted together. :P

If money was flowing from my pockets id roll a 26b. But not a shit show in hell.

I think ill just get by on a rebuild, and shoving the dirty washing machine in there.

Not a mx5 or a 13b but defiantely NA rota goodness!!

OMG did ya see it pull away from that white car you can see out the drivers window!!!!!

I want 20b NA so bad.

Mad mike has some competition. If heaven was a sound, it'd be this:

ps: Good things take time so wait for it to finally start :D

Was referring to the 1.4tonne cosmo compared to the 1.3tonne FD3S as i thought cosmos were closer to the 1.6tonne (Toyota Supra)

*Edit: Wiki stats:

NA MX5 = 940kg 120hp/131hp

FD RX7 = 1280kg 265hp/276hp

JC Cosmo = 1570kg 300hp

Appears i thought correct

Any progress or pics?

Haha i gained possesion of the car on sunday and its now wednesday and you guys are hitting me up on progress or pictures?!

Atleast i will be kept motivated, if not by the constent enquirys into the car.

As for progress i have actually, ive dug out a pair of adjusties i can use for the rear, just need to find the correct nolethane bush to put in the bottom so it will fit the car. Will run some Tien springs in the front on factory struts, can get a pair new for $130 so i thought that was damn good.

Should be pinching the wheels of the skyline once i get suspension sorted as they have superior offset (0), and multi stud!

No progress on the rota other then buying a flat peak cap, and a dictionary to learn how to write in txt speak.

I knew the cosmo was as heavy as a JZZ30 soarer, dont know why i typed 1.4 when i know that z30s are fat fat whales (sorry uterus)

That cosmo would be quite abit lighter than a factory one. No heavy factory interior crap and even the engine would weight less without all the unnessesary bits like AC and PSteer.

As for updates you need to follow the tried and true OS timeline.

Buy car

Make project thread (first 2 are in no particular order)

First week:Lots of updates on progress and of new parts

Second week: One update no pics

Third week: Pics of 30mins worth of progress since week 1

20th Week: Pics of very expensive parts you brought in hope of restoring your motivation towards said car

100th week: Update showing car in sad state and new owner taking it away