NicT's Pansy mx5

NicT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

350 chev is the only way to go.

There was one at manfeild today with something about 5L on the number plate.

Was def a v8 but what would it have been? Heaps of possibilitys prob.

Never got a look under bonnet and cant tell the different sounds of v8s like my father.

302 windsor

350 chev is the only way to go.

There was one at manfeild today with something about 5L on the number plate.

Was def a v8 but what would it have been? Heaps of possibilitys prob.

Never got a look under bonnet and cant tell the different sounds of v8s like my father.

302 windsor

I seem to recall someone telling me that's a fairly common swap in south africa, also there's a crowd in the states that does kits i think.

Putting a V8 into an mx5 means better resale. Putting a rotary in one the price is limited to how much money the typical rotary owner can afford, Which usually isnt much. When i build another mx5 i will go the V8 option altho if 20bs were more affordable then that would be my first choice.

Putting a V8 into an mx5 means better resale. Putting a rotary in one the price is limited to how much money the typical rotary owner can afford, Which usually isnt much. When i build another mx5 i will go the V8 option altho if 20bs were more affordable then that would be my first choice.

Im not doing it for resellability, doing it for shits and giggles.

V8 mx5 seems a little wrong.

Crikey, a renesis would probably be ideal for your build / might be too expensive.

I'm sure there's a company called Bullet in Oz that does weird & wacky MX5 conversions

***http://www.bulletcars.com/Company/factory.html***

There not mx5's they are a completly fabricated from scratch, however they do use some mx5 parts such as doors.

Theres a guy on the RX8 forums building a MX5 NC with a Renesis engine, RX8 rear subframe and front subframe bolt in, and a crazy as hell supercharger setup.

Id like to roll renesis but cheapest option is rebuild what i already have, Series 3 RX7 bell, carbie and skidz on.

Picked up flywheel last night and trying to negotiated with a guy to pick up a nikki carb jetted for bridgeport.

Also got a dizzy for $30, its points type but been rebuilt. Should atleast get me on the road.

Putting a V8 into an mx5 means better resale. Putting a rotary in one the price is limited to how much money the typical rotary owner can afford, Which usually isnt much.

Also the fact the typical rotary owner wouldnt be seen dead in an mx5 regardless of what the motor was :lol::lol:

I agree with tim though a v8 (especially american) seems wrong in one, id rather fit a luce v6 or something

The answer to this debate is simple.....

A.

G.

E.

You dig?

20v would pawn factory 1800 & be more fun to drive

You guys seem to think this is some sort of democracy hahaha. Yea i was thinking 4age when i got it but ive owned heaps of 4a cars now. Time for a change.

Just bought:

Series 5 Flywheel $20

Dizzy $30

Nikki Carb, rebuilt, jetted, tuned and tested for 13b bridgeport with manifold $150

Cant even buy injectors for under $300

The answer to this debate is simple.....

A.

G.

E.

You dig?

20v would pawn factory 1800 & be more fun to drive

You guys seem to think this is some sort of democracy hahaha. Yea i was thinking 4age when i got it but ive owned heaps of 4a cars now. Time for a change.

Just bought:

Series 5 Flywheel $20

Dizzy $30

Nikki Carb, rebuilt, jetted, tuned and tested for 13b bridgeport with manifold $150

Cant even buy injectors for under $300

Would have sold you my 550/850cc S6 injectors for less than that...

KK - Beacuse a stock B/T 4A-GE makes more power & is thrash tastic

Putting a V8 into an mx5 means better resale. Putting a rotary in one the price is limited to how much money the typical rotary owner can afford, Which usually isnt much.

Also the fact the typical rotary owner wouldnt be seen dead in an mx5 regardless of what the motor was :lol::lol:

I agree with tim though a v8 (especially american) seems wrong in one, id rather fit a luce v6 or something

I was just talking crap when i suggested putting a american V8 in one. Any cast iron lump of V8ness doesnt belong in someting like an MX5. Its just wrong on so many levels. But a rotary whether its N/A or turbo, a jap V6 or V8 (1UZ) are all great canditates for an MX5.