NicT's Pansy mx5

NicT

Not really my cup of tea but appreciate the angle you're going for. Certainly needs more low aesthetically, though what this will do to handling is anyone's guess. I'd say minus 2"

Good shit though, quick pshop of required lowness. May be inaccurate

24302337064765836654920.jpg

fucking sick, that is where i want it.

ATM the car subframe is pretty low to the ground too, im sure its under the 100mm rule.

Can you elaberate the angle im going for as opposed to what you would do?

Ideally id love something like this:

20azdbm.jpg

513s005.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking sick, that is where i want it.

ATM the car subframe is pretty low to the ground too, im sure its under the 100mm rule.

Can you elaberate the angle im going for as opposed to what you would do?

Ideally id love something like this:

20azdbm.jpg

SO.MUCH.WIN!!!!!

Looking at pictures like that you will only ever be disappointed with your wheel selection.

I was the same.

Buy silly wheels and then make the car fit them haha.

A bit rash man.

I like the wheels i have selected, they were cheap, look nice and i think they suite the car.

Proberly lower the offset of them in the future when i go for more low.

I just trying to figure out a solution to go 4x114.3 on it without running adaptors. I can potentially machine the hubs and discs and restud them. Or i just get a set of sportmax or axis 03 copies from the states which come in 4x100.

The car is at an intermediate stage of where i want to go lol. More low, less pistons, more dish.

For now i need to make a new roll bar, and hit the track

Okay, those are the exact angle I'd go for :mrgreen: It's just your choice of wheels threw me off

The slamburglars one is win. I bet the underside is interesting

I personally wouldn't spend a cent on those wheels. Keep it aside for something else. They'll never look right. Are they 15s? Too big aesthetically I feel.

Good to see where you're headed though. Be the one of the first MX5 in NZ that isn't shameful

Everyones having a speel about wheels when your all forgetting the important piece

20267_315868790836_654920836_5227045_2681559_n.jpg

I think with less offset wheels will look fine. They already look ace, just needs more low.

If i wanted more dish id just rip the multistuds off the skyline, but i think some oldschool wheels just dont suite newschool cars.

Agree

wheels are fine, motor is where its at...............does need more low..............but looks rad right at this moment

Cheers dude

ETA on 13b completion??

Hopefully sorting Apex's in the next 2 - 3 weeks. Going to bridge the endplates and centre plates tomorrow. All the other seals that i have are good. Need to get flywheel, water pump housing, water pump, dizzy, bell, carb or roll efi (which i already have megasquirt, injectors and throttle bodies) and clutch assembly so not very much in terms of collecting shit.

sorry if dumb question but are you going n/a or turbo ?

NA, 180hp is enough for me. Still trying to decide if i want to roll carb or use some 4age quads i have and run 2x550cc per secondaries and 1x550 per primary (i have a lot of GT4 injectors available)

22242_341214500836_654920836_5324707_6507118_n.jpg

350 chev is the only way to go.

There was one at manfeild today with something about 5L on the number plate.

Was def a v8 but what would it have been? Heaps of possibilitys prob.

Never got a look under bonnet and cant tell the different sounds of v8s like my father.

i vote carbs and sell me megasquiz

Carbie is easier. You seriously interested in MS? Its a MS-II, the circuit board is completed but no software has been uploaded onto it.

If your keen PM me, i dont mind parting with it to fund engine rebuild.