Big A's Celica

Raizer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture looks crazy, like one of those dubcity hotwheels cars you can get. Should be something pretty awesome when its complete, engine looks at home in there.

From the picture the only thing I would say is please retain the front bumper. Looks lost without it.

From the picture the only thing I would say is please retain the front bumper. Looks lost without it.

Yes the front bumper will remain as I have changed the front end design slightly as I saw the burkes metal mustang and really liked the way that they had done their front end and bonnet scoop so I will possibly take a few ideas off that one.

Thanks for the comments and if you are wondering I took the original idea from Eleanor (the new gone in 60 seconds) and applied it to the RA25 as I couldnt afford a muzzy.

The whole car is being built to show standards as I want to do something that is totally different to what is on the car scene at the moment.

I had a good practice with my first car which was a 1974 mitsi gto that i put a 18rgeu engine in with full metal flare kit, chrome mags and minight blue paint with a big hot pink splash grahics on the side.

This gets a big FUCK YES from me, will be pretty unique when completed.

Cooler than a Mustang for sure 8)

Anything is cooler than a mustang. More common than a holden lol. Anyway this car is looking badass! Keep up the great work.

cool, first thing that popped into my head was that LeBrese falcon coupe

Yes that is a pretty cool car and I did take some ideas from it and

That is a severly cool Celica! It really does look like a JADA model car!

Also got some ideas from the old models and that is why I made one up first to get dimensions etc.

Sorry I thought I had mentioned that I was going supercharger for the motor, I am going with the Eaton M112 rather than the M90 which is most of the conversions go for. Also I have a W58 5 speed Supra gearbox attached with a cast bellhousing from A1turbos so it is a straight bolt up rather than having to use an adaptor.

Imo, the massive tucked wheels look yuck.

I would say it will look nicer with smaller wheels that are more negative offset that sit flush with the guards, which will then make the small guard flares purposfull instead of flaring over nothing.

3353261454_f73fd6d409_o.jpg

etc

Sorry I thought I had mentioned that I was going supercharger for the motor, I am going with the Eaton M112 rather than the M90 which is most of the conversions go for. Also I have a W58 5 speed Supra gearbox attached with a cast bellhousing from A1turbos so it is a straight bolt up rather than having to use an adaptor.

What kind of punishment will the box have to put up with? Will it be more road car/show or are you planning on using it on the track etc, because I'm not sure how long even a W58 would last behind the torque of the engine you are building. Just an idea, I could be wrong but it would be good to build it once and build it right.

You'd be best to get an idea of what's legal in terms of lumens/watts for your tail-lights before caning your wallet anymore on LEDs. I'd think you'd need to look at how the outer lens will dim them and how many you'd need.

Won't be hard, get bright 10mm items, run in series to minimise on amount of resistors (may not need any as most LEDs work on 2-4V) or parallel if they do actually drag too much V and then calulate resistor/s based on that.

Tricky part is getting the brightness required, in the right colour, and mounting them so they don't look like a bodge job