• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New tune results are in:

Dyno01.jpg

Dyno02.jpg

So I'm pretty happy right now 8)

Limiting factor is the clutch starts to slip after 3 runs at that power, ideally need to go up to the GZE gearbox and matching clutch size.

Turbo is probably not capable of much more either being a standard evo iv item.

Has some balls though, will see how long that c52 lasts now :lol:

im finding that torque figure very hard to believe. 2040Nm of torque from an 1800.

Someone explain please. Mate 1J on 7psi is making about 230kw and 1400Nm. I do not see how an 1800 can produce more torque than that.

Regards

Dave

because the jz is only running 7psi?? lol

im finding that torque figure very hard to believe. 2040Nm of torque from an 1800.

Someone explain please. Mate 1J on 7psi is making about 230kw and 1400Nm. I do not see how an 1800 can produce more torque than that.

Regards

Dave

its all about the Gear Ratios

If it is in 3rd gear (1.32:1) with a 4.11 diff ratio and 905mm high tyres (3ft) and you were showing 1520ftlb torque on the gauge - you would actually have 186.78ftlb torque

Calculation is (at the dyno torque measurement/(gear ratio*diff ratio))/divide by the tyre radius

(1520/(1.32*4.11))/1.5 = 186.78

(the tyre height is halved to get the radius)

edit - I'm old school so only can think in ftlb - to get nm I will have to actually sit down and figure it out/look it up on the internet..

Still alive and kicking.

Don't have a working tacho so I need to go about figuring out how to get the stock one working again.

Doesn't work connected straight to the link unfortunately so will be needing a circuit of some variety.

Very quick now though, but also so much smoother to drive. Doesn't bog when on over run like it used to.

Idle speed valve isn't working like it should, Andre mentioned that it's revving slightly higher than ideal and a bit richer too.

Will look into that but not entirely important for the moment.

Feel bad for the gearbox :(

• 2 weeks later...
Don't have a working tacho

U mean u aint gtn a monzta tach bro? my m8 hd 1 on hs civic n it ws th madsht, cud fel xtra bst so hrd ae

Seriously tho bro I didnt realise how much work you had put into this, im fucking impressed and slightly erect.

Spanners