sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. Is your head cold?

How high off the ground can this lift up ? Looks lush. You need a bigger garage. Please don't paint it. Looks betterer this way. Needs fluffy dice. Top work and pat yourself on the back. Now go have a nice cup of tea.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

why you!!!

car must receive paint.

its been a slow week and ive not got much done. 

i am disappoint. 

still, some progress is better than nuns.

having dilemmas regarding just how far i got to make sure there is no rust. if i remove the skins from the doors then they will never be the same. they are straight and original and i dont want to fuck that up. however the bottom lap has rust in it. most of which is gone but its still troubling me. 

MUST KILL ALL RUST!!!!!!!

Na rust converter in seams is not cool IMO, you never get it all out (with water) and the acid makes things worse in the long run. Man with old cars the whole thing has rust in seams, it hard to know where to stop! Just seam seal and wax the shit out of what you can?

yea its just that whole thing of "i know there is rust in the seam therefore its not right and i must kill everything!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing i have in my head.

i know if i POR15 the shit out of it and wax the balls of it it will last for ages without exploding but its just "there" if you know what i mean.

should just give me your car. save yourself the trouble...

But seriously theres a thread for a 'cuda I follow here http://beckkustoms.blogspot.co.nz/

hes unstiched the skin, acid dipped AND blasted the body in an attempt to remove rust. It all depends how serious do you want to go.

That build is sweeeeeeeeeeet! As is yours Sheepers!

Fuck yea. However unfortunate the weather is, (is there full on snow in Dunners?) anticipation is high

I bet it's the same for you, except you have the task of actually doing the job of course :-)

Did you end up doing anything with the doors' bottom sills??

I folded the seam open and sand blasted the rust out.
Then I folded it back. Then POR15 into the seams to try and seal it up.
I stripped all the POR15 off the outside bits where I don't want it and now it's time for paint

• Like 1