sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

dang. Top work. Amazing. Will look so lush with mint paint. Are you guna get that guy up on gt north rd to paint it?

"40mm" makes this the second lowest car in Pt Chev ever :tongue:

That I know of lol.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use acid based converters. I have had much success with this stuff over the years...

http://www.dinitrol.co.uk/Portals/0/docs/DINITROL%20RC900%20TDS.pdf

Not sure if it's available in nz.

Then fill the fuck out of the sills, doors, box sections etc with this stuff..

http://www.bilthamber.com/cavity-waxes/dynax-s50

If you can stop water and air getting to the area you stop the rust. This wax is the nuts. Expensive but only needs to be done once. Again not sure if its available in nz but well worth getting some over if you know someone travelling back. I brought a box loadnof it back with me. Smells nice too..

That fish oil shit is carp

See what I did there^.

why fish oil no good yeoddynz? I had a bunch of engine parts covered in oil sitting under houses and in damp garages for about 40 years(I wasn't the one who put the oil on). There was no rust on anything that had oil on it but the bits without oil were rust city. But yeh it lasted sweet for 40 years haha. The parts themselves were like 70 years old

otoh the school of thought I have subscribed to is that fishoil leeches into seams, whereas cavity wax (snigger) seals over seams and rust will continue in the seam.

whatever you do, it should way improve your chances of keeping your japanese iron on the road in one piece instead of brown and flakey spec.

my sigma wagon was basically bathed in fishoil, nil rust when sold.

my bro had a 180B that was caught in a flood.  he purchased it from insureres, dried it out, fishoil everywhere... no rust 4 years later, unheard of in 180B!

Oh yeah fisholyne does work. But it stinks.

Bilt hamber stuff works better- properly pulls into seams.. Much betterer than any other cavity wax and that's proven with tests carried out by boffins wearing white lab coats and carrying big clip boards.

never under estimate the combined total brain power of a room full of boffins. Especially ones with glasses.

So there.

Plus it smells nice.

I was going to add this comment a week ago but I didn't want to seem like a dick cause I know you are striving for perfection.

A lot of the time I am the same, if there is potentially rust there (inside cavities and seams) then I get all worked up and feel like it needs to die. Then I remind myself that the car has already lasted 40 years so it probably won't disintegrate within a few or even 10 years. And if it did then it's not the end of the world, you have the technology, you can rebuild it.

The only other thing is that you might be optimistic by getting into sanding tommorrow. Primer really needs to dry properly and this ain't the weather for it. No biggie but it'll likely just drive you mad by clogging up your sandpaper