sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever consider building a rotisserie for the body to aid in the underseal/old crap removal and working on various sections that were hard to get to?

or not enough room to have all 3 in the garage if that was the case?

Do you know your 'certifier' pretty well after previous projects too? or is it Clint?

What does he require/what helps with the process when requiring one, i.e do you document sections and show him & talk to him first before doing so etc?

Is the build thread itself any help with this also?

no. previous experience told me that this car wouldn't be too bad to work on upside down.

i could have flipped it if it were necessary but space would have been even tighter than it already is and i really didn't need to. 

Clint and Mark are doing the cert on this car. they did my other cars and i have kept Mark and Clint right up to date with everything ive done. each stage has been photographed, logged, inspected and ok'ed as ive gone along.

i absolutely involve them in everything im not sure about and i ask if there is anything I'm planing on doing that im not sure what the latest ruling on is.

the build thread comes way, way after ive made sure what im about to do is not going to cause me any issue come cert time.

the build thread is retroactive whereas real live is proactive. why would you do thing twice? 

"astonishing rate"?

i dont see it that way but i guess its all relative. this last two weeks i feel like ive done nothing but things have been done.

the next thing you'll see on the build thread is the boot in the process of being painted. i have to move the inside of the guard tubs in a bit becuase its rubbing, and do a whole bunch of bits and pieces but in broad general terms, the boot will get painted next.