low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you really want the correct tool for this job and as far as I can tell a Chassis Punch is the correct tool.

Keep asking. Someone will have one you can rent or borrow.

Yeah i agree keen on a punch to pop em out properly 1st go, as i realised last night how little air flow im going to get to my radiator.

A normal punch wont do asit will warp the steel andwont cut circle once warped. I did my 50mm one in dash and it did this so I can only assume larger would be worse.

If you still want to try I can get you one from Dads work.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Ginormous bubbles!!!!

I wouldn't recommend Federals from experience. They may have changed, but used to be slippery as sin!

Also, 175 is way too soft. I run 450lb in the front of my car which is about 8kg. I think you should be aiming for the same. 200mm X 65id is a standard sized spring - they're normally worth about $80 each new for a king/dobi etc.

Dont get Federal.

You are going to need to spend good $$$ on tyres, youve built the rest if the car to race so why go for shit tyres? If you doI bet you will buy new ones after the first test day!

The dunlop direzza Dz101 are a mint tyres,id go with them as they are cheap and mint. Or the bridgestone equivilent.

I also think 195 is way toskinny for the rear. At LEAST 205s

Car looks good, will be mean to see running soon!

Ginormous bubbles!!!!

I wouldn't recommend Federals from experience. They may have changed, but used to be slippery as sin!

Also, 175 is way too soft. I run 450lb in the front of my car which is about 8kg. I think you should be aiming for the same. 200mm X 65id is a standard sized spring - they're normally worth about $80 each new for a king/dobi etc.

cool cheers boe will try find out what all the ones i have are

Federals are shit

x3

When I was working at tyre shops people would always come in saying how shit they were and then would proceed to have them removed....

Try TOYO R888's or something similar. Lots of stick, not as pricey as you would think. If you are racing on a track you would struggle on normal road tyres I would think.

Fuck those arches look like a lot of work. This cars gonna be sicker than Fidel Castro

Hey bo,

I checked for that handbrake cable - I only have one spare and plan to keep it for now incase something happens during my drum-disc conversion.

As far as I can tell the hand brake cable is identical between the drums and discs models. Hard to measure as one set is on the car - but it looks like both have the same cable end bits (whatever they are called), and length must be almost the same if not exactly.