low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know this: If you want to tow your old school project race car around the country you should do so in a modern, Japanese, diesel commercial vehicle that is easy to get parts for and reliable. Something like a Hiace etc or a 4x4 if you really want.

Age Concern update concludes

They typically tow well and mean you can still use the interior rear vision mirror when towing (looking through the screens of the towed car).

They are also good in damp/wet pit paddocks

I will tow you to your first race meet in the Patrol

We used to have a SWB 2.8 diesel Pajero (manual) and although it pitched a little bit when towing it was otherwise sensational (despite a lack of interior storage).

Don't dismiss the 2.8 entirely. I found myself in a flat passing lane doing 145kmph in ours once (with the Cortina on the back - just south of Levin)

ive had a 2 pajeros mate both 3.0 petrols one short one and we still have the lwb

its auto cost about $130 to full and around town we get about 350-400ks out of it

(its my wifes daily driver) and on the open road we drove up to picton one weekend

from chch and and we got 735ks from full to light constintly on and had been on for about 50ks lol

so dont dissmis them yes they are fusrty but in 2wd a wee bit cheaper then in 4wd

but with the 4wd and the choice to lock the diffs ive never had it stuck

just my 2 cents

dan