low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah massive relief just going to do some tests now to clarify just in-case it has non standard pistons as its a re built engine.

and a little worried about the noise i heard

No idea how to get this belt back lined up eeek and gaz seems to think it may be difficult due to non standard cams. i really have no idea time to learn i guess

all good. being turbo'd it wont have high top pistons then. check on the cam belt to see if there is three marks, two that line up with indents on the cams and one for the crank possibly? nissans like that but not sure on mazdas. :?

put it back together using the factory timing marks. the front cam lobes will be pointing up and outwards on about a 45deg angle.

then wind over slowly by hand. with no plugs. should be smooth without and hard spots. if this is the case do a compression test.

be sure to have the crank about 45deg btdc when you position the cams to insure no contact. then finally turn to tdc and put belt on.

good luck

ITS GOT TWIN FE5 CAMS INSTEAD OF FE3 INLET FE4 EXHAUST OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. STANDARD BUT HARD TO FIND CAMS APPARENTLY. DIFFERENT DURATION OF SOME SORT.

Ok i just had a go at putting the belt back on using original markings from prior to the 1st time i removed it.

THESE ARE THE MARKINGS PRIOR TO REMOVING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME

original1n.jpg

original2lu.jpg

originalq.jpg

AND THESE ARE THE MARKINGS AS ITS ON NOW.

dsc07933k.jpg

dsc07934e.jpg

dsc07928j.jpg

dsc07930.jpg

Just chopped my new radiator in several directions for Johnny Mines to weld up, should be mint! :mrgreen: shame he is on holiday for a week :|