low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how to wire in a knock sensor to a V1 G5 LINK computer? Aparintly this sender circled on the left is a knock sensor and i just found an old quote from the guy who built the engine and tuned the computer that said "it was knock limited at 11psi so no more power would be achieved."

100359999999999999.jpg

What will happen if i run the engine without one?

It seems from the manual the computer can't run one? if this is the case do i need to make a seperate circuit for one?

Knock limited? WTF is that? I guess they have just given it a safe tune at 11psi. I assume he is saying that anymore timing/boost and she starts to knock, how bad it knocks is another story. Run the knock sensor and hook it to a light on the dash if you can.

Gaz

yeah thats a bit randomn. run a screened coax from the knock sensor back to the ecu. and if you dont decide to run one your ecu may slip into limp mode? if it has one? or you will have to find an appropriate sized resistor to bypass it maybe, not to sure how links work.

v5lem wont run a knock senser. you need a knock block from link. but you dont really need one anyway.

if its tuned properly on a dyno to a safe level and not set on auto tune then it will be sweet as

Cheers for all the above replies guys sums up and answers my uncertanties , confirms for me V5 doesnt have knock so will get it onto a dyno once i have all the glitches out of the way which hopefully should be to far off.

Whats thoughs on them aftermarket Fuel regulators? what fuel pressure should I have? Got the plenum of at the moment so trying to decide if i should have one as now would be a good time to get an outlet nob thing welded on to run vacum line to it. Or is it just one more thing to go wrong having / not having one?

v5lem wont run a knock senser. you need a knock block from link. but you dont really need one anyway.

if its tuned properly on a dyno to a safe level and not set on auto tune then it will be sweet as

Cheers for all the above replies guys sums up and answers my uncertanties , confirms for me V5 doesnt have knock so will get it onto a dyno once i have all the glitches out of the way which hopefully should be to far off.

Whats thoughs on them aftermarket Fuel regulators? what fuel pressure should I have? Got the plenum of at the moment so trying to decide if i should have one as now would be a good time to get an outlet nob thing welded on to run vacum line to it. Or is it just one more thing to go wrong having / not having one?

you got standard one atm? from a turbo motor? should be ok unless you have a biger fuel pump.

dont get a cheap/chineese regulator. i learnt that the hard way. was ok up to 250hp then just does weird shit. buy a good one.

cheap compaired to a new motor.

you got standard one atm? from a turbo motor? should be ok unless you have a biger fuel pump.

dont get a cheap/chineese regulator. i learnt that the hard way. was ok up to 250hp then just does weird shit. buy a good one.

cheap compaired to a new motor.

CRAP! I had an autobid on this thing that I apear to have won, i presume its a rubbish one?

120312115full.jpg

So going to just re list it and get a Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Once i get it what pressure should i set it to? i presume the tuner will adjust it for me.