low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

You havnt turned the crank at diff times to the cams have you.? Couldn't ya still have those marks line up but it be out 180deg say?

Gaz

yeah i dont know, thats why i posted it so hopefully someone like yourself could point out if iv done something wrong. iv got engine reff maks for the cams, but none for the crank so not sure if it could be 180 out?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

performance aside,

my doors are like #8 and with buckets it takes me about 30 seconds to climb into it + it hurts

a freind with the same car and buckets has doors like #17 and its 1000% better to get in and out of.

edit also-

i have to move my outlet over too on same radiator,

is it a single pass radiator?/if not what did u do?

performance aside,

my doors are like #8 and with buckets it takes me about 30 seconds to climb into it + it hurts

a freind with the same car and buckets has doors like #17 and its 1000% better to get in and out of.

edit also-

i have to move my outlet over too on same radiator,

is it a single pass radiator?/if not what did u do?

I just took to it with a holesaw and grinder single pass as far as im aware.

Oh thats rite I have been told the double bar in a straight line is safer, as the triangle ones are only as strong as the joint in the centre from side impact, however they would work better in the other dirrection i presume.

keen on something to attach harnes's to also so thinking something like VvVvVvV.

94436624.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

is not having a bar across the front a bad idea?

Might pay to check your racing regs but I would say you will need a bar running under the dash like #7.

I would run #7 but move the lower bar up higher to clear ya tramp bar + run harness onto. Or run ya tramp bar to it.

Gaz

We should start a roll cage thread.

Harnesses generally attach further back than the main hoop. They'd go on a horizontal bar like in picture 14, but just a little higher.

As I understand from those drawings, none of them are "correct". I was under the assumption that it was just a basic 6 point and then each drawing showed different options for add ons and there is an explanation elsewhere in the manual that refers to each diagram.

I'm planing a cage at the moment that is very similar to what you are thinking with the cross above the driver. I'll also do a full "X" behind the driver to support the main hoop and probabaly a single cross in the rear section also. I plan on tying it in to the front and rear struts as well but I haven't figured the best way of doing this yet. Hoping it will be straight forward when we build the cage.

I'll do a a bit of a build thread when we tackle the cage but its likely not going to be for another couple of months at least.

As I understand from those drawings, none of them are "correct". I was under the assumption that it was just a basic 6 point and then each drawing showed different options for add ons and there is an explanation elsewhere in the manual that refers to each diagram.

ahhhhhhhh good point! yes you are correct there.dow

edit whats the legality of adding extra bars yourself? apparently your allowed to gusset the cage to the body yourself.