si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

https://cardwells.co.nz/wilwood-floor-mount-pedal-assembly.html

This one here? This is accelerator/brake/clutch, but is essentially what I am after. 

Is this up to standard?

I see that it is 1 digit different to the Wilwood 340-12410 mentioned in the section where it says it doesn’t require additional return springs? (Ends with a 1 instead of a zero).

Otherwise I can get this from Straya via TM: 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/trade-me-motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/brakes/auction-2331961258.htm

which is the one mentioned above. 

Seems to be the only difference is the inclusion of the throttle link?

Do you need a cert for something that has factory height adjusting airbag shocks in the rear only, converting to coil springs?

If I replace the original static 3-point seat belts with inertia reel belts using the factory-fitted anchor points, does that require a cert?

(Pretty sure someone's asked before, but search didn't find an answer)

On 28/09/2019 at 21:13, WhangareiKE70 said:

https://cardwells.co.nz/wilwood-floor-mount-pedal-assembly.html

This one here? This is accelerator/brake/clutch, but is essentially what I am after. 

Is this up to standard?

I see that it is 1 digit different to the Wilwood 340-12410 mentioned in the section where it says it doesn’t require additional return springs? (Ends with a 1 instead of a zero).

Otherwise I can get this from Straya via TM: 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/trade-me-motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/brakes/auction-2331961258.htm

which is the one mentioned above. 

Seems to be the only difference is the inclusion of the throttle link?

@cletus any comment on this? I am going to send a list of stuff off to my certifier tomorrow but if you knew off the top of your head then that might save me a few dollarydoos. 

Also, looking for the section of the CCM where it talks about the allowable amount of clearance on a bolt hole. I thought it would be Section 18: Attachment Systems but can't seem to see it. 
Essentially I have M10 fasteners holding the plate for the new engine mounting bracket to the engine, how big can the holes in that plate be for them to go through? The Nissan ones seem to be about 11-11.5mm, should I use that as a guide or is there an actual thing/chart to go by?

TIA 

Should be ok if it's the same thing, just minus the throttle 

I did ask lvvta the other day if those were ok and they said yes but may need ndt for the welded brake pedal

I just looked at the cardwells site again and you could possibly use a separate clutch and brake setup and it was $356 for both, with a cast pedal which would avoid having to ndt the pedal

Fastener clearance is really only on critical components or things that transmit high loads eg steering arms or 4 link brackets, things like that . If you do the same as/no worse than oe for engine mount brackets you should be ok 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2019 at 10:54, locost_bryan said:

If I replace the original static 3-point seat belts with inertia reel belts using the factory-fitted anchor points, does that require a cert?

(Pretty sure someone's asked before, but search didn't find an answer)

No shouldn't need cert if it all bolts up to original anchorages.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to the brake declaration at cert time, do you have to prove everything is new, or is it a declaration of what's used? If so it's 100% Mitsubishi unmodified.... 

If it is required to be new, do you produce receipts, and are parts ordered through Rock Auto compliant? Because there's no Mitsubishi L200 listed I'm looking at Dodge D50 stuff. They're listed under Mitsubishi part numbers? 

D50 parts are the same part numbers as mitsi. Just rebadged. 

Most will start with MB

Have a parts book here for 1st gen. I'd guess you are using 2nd

I don't really know what it is. All I vaguely remember was a brown L200 2000 Sport with single rectangle headlights, I had the tags for it but they've got lost when my brother bought our parents house and he chucked the majority of stuff that was put away by the old man in his little hidey holes. This shape

280px-MitsubishiTruck.jpg

17 minutes ago, tortron said:

1st gen. I can give you all the mitsi part numbers/diagrams if you like

I'll take you up on that Tori. I got some old parts books but if you've got genuine numbers it'll make the job much easier. 

I highly doubt Rock Auto parts will be compliant despite $20 Silverline pads being ok unless they have brand names sold here.

They may have changed things it has been a while since I was replacing quality pads with cheap rubbish because of rules but where you got them was more important than what you got.

If that Mitsi has the front calipers with the two plates wedging the pads in I'd swap them for later ones because I hate them and they confuse me.  

• Like 1

On 04/10/2019 at 20:14, MACKAZ said:

When it comes to the brake declaration at cert time, do you have to prove everything is new, or is it a declaration of what's used? If so it's 100% Mitsubishi unmodified.... 

If it is required to be new, do you produce receipts, and are parts ordered through Rock Auto compliant? Because there's no Mitsubishi L200 listed I'm looking at Dodge D50 stuff. They're listed under Mitsubishi part numbers? 

What's your take on this @cletus.?

Looking at getting some coilovers for the front of HQ. In the states all the GM qa1,viking type coilovers bolt on top of lca transferring the weight from the lower spring location to the lower shock mount position. Would this type of setup fly in NZ?

hq-coil-over320x468.jpg

6 hours ago, MACKAZ said:

What's your take on this @cletus.?

Are you talking about lvv cert or re registration?  

Re reg I have minimal experience but as ranter said you have to fit pads which have a standard on them

4 hours ago, Esky_addict said:

Looking at getting some coilovers for the front of HQ. In the states all the GM qa1,viking type coilovers bolt on top of lca transferring the weight from the lower spring location to the lower shock mount position. Would this type of setup fly in NZ?

hq-coil-over320x468.jpg

Can be certed but you need to strengthen the arm because the weight is then concentrated on two small bolt holes which were only meant for shocks. Also coil bind can be a problem if you have a heavy engine eg a big block in a camaro I looked at had that issue

If it was me I'd probably just get a spring that worked in the stock position and run a good adjustable shock 

Sweet. Was thinking along the lines of machining a piece of steel to the same as the bottom of the spring then using a 8mmish washer to transfer the weight out to the spacer if that makes any sense. Should in theory place the weight in the same position as standard. Abit of height adjustability would be nice. 

@cletus regarding the brake declaration. If that's the case I'll buy stuff in NZ if needed. Will the ball joints and tie rods will they be OK. Are proof of purchase in NZ required?