For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

I'm not really very familiar with leaf springs. I thought that my ute had a flipped leaf, but I have just noticed that the axle is sitting above the springs instead of below. Is this legal? 

I was going to spend the afternoon flipping leaves for a wof and then buy some blocks. 

Also, so I'm sure, are these flipped?

20150920_122602_zpshav9v2yl.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it ok to go under diff with exhaust (2.5")? Will be getting certed anyway. Have to do some measuring but think this may be a better option for a pretty low car? 

How do you measure body to diff clearance? Jack up the diff with a wheel on the best way?

Is it ok to go under diff with exhaust (2.5")? Will be getting certed anyway. Have to do some measuring but think this may be a better option for a pretty low car? 

How do you measure body to diff clearance? Jack up the diff with a wheel on the best way?

Some cars have the exhaust running under the diff from factory.

Zorst under diff is fine, just make sure it's away from any brake lines and the diff doesn't hit it at max droop (although mine did)

What do you mean by body to diff clearance? As long as the bumpstops prevent metal on metal / tyre contact, who cares?

• Like 1

Ute tray wof question.

I have a B1600 with a wellside but with rust in/through floor and inner guards, the sides and tailgate are fine. Looking at cutting out the floor and inner guards and welding in some new inner guards. I understand the rear wheels need to be covered but will i get a wof with no tray floor? Meaning diff/chassis/fuel tank and tray structure will be exposed.

• Like 1

Zorst under diff is fine, just make sure it's away from any brake lines and the diff doesn't hit it at max droop (although mine did)

What do you mean by body to diff clearance? As long as the bumpstops prevent metal on metal / tyre contact, who cares?

I mean if i was to go over the diff, would you just keep it as close to the floor as possible?

Think im gunna go under anyway - i guess im gunna have to sort suspension first before finishing exhaust so i can make sure it has clearance at max droop... or just do it 3 times like everything else :joker:

Jeep with solid front axle and four link front suspension with more of less basic straight links - if aftermarket or custom suspension links are used does this require a cert from a 1D certifier or can a 1A/B/C guy check them off? being solid axle it doesn't effect bumpsteer/camber curves particularly much provided the link lengths are more or less the same and technically the links are not directly holding up the weight of the vehicle although they do of course transmit some decent acceleration/braking forces and the vehicle would fall down if they were not there....

i.e would they fall under #1 or #2 on this info sheet (presuming it is still a valid info sheet)

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_01-2012_Custom_Suspension_Arm_Inspection_Approval.pdf

I am thinking they should come under #1 and only need the 1A but depends on the precise definition of load bearing really

Ute tray wof question.

I have a B1600 with a wellside but with rust in/through floor and inner guards, the sides and tailgate are fine. Looking at cutting out the floor and inner guards and welding in some new inner guards. I understand the rear wheels need to be covered but will i get a wof with no tray floor? Meaning diff/chassis/fuel tank and tray structure will be exposed.

will depend on the wof inspector and whether they consider the floor adds any strength to the mounting of the tray i would guess

• Like 1

yo yo

I really foam over air intake set ups that replace a head light/part of the headlights. Given that head lights are very important safety features of a car is there anyone who has had success with this in regards to LVVTA certification? I have read the lights section of the document but it would be nice to hear from those with first hand experience.

Something like this:

Yokohama-510-Day-30-1200x800.jpg

the rules might have changed but when i did mine like that as long as both sides are symmetrical (ie, the opposite side is unplugged so only the two external lights work) and the remaining headlights are both high and low beam then your good to go.

be prepared to be told "hey, you've lost a headlight"  approximately 2 thousand times a day. 

• Like 5