For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

54 minutes ago, Nominal said:

You mean the bags themselves?

Any of it really. Considering bagging the ute but need to gather intel first.

have found kits overseas that are half the cost of Nz sourced kits

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, shizzl said:

In regards to air ride systems. Do the components need to be tagged/stamped/labelled at all?

Just from a reputable manufacturer really.

Aliexpress parts may lead to Cert man leaving a note on cert fail sheet saying "remove china parts" otherwise.

Joints and link bars need to meet the criteria for weights in the CCM.

Air line should be labelled with pressure rating.

True story... theres a guy out south Auckland who builds trailers from pallet racking, who also uses Irigation hose for airlines in his 'builds'.  Don't do this...

Pm me with what you are looking at using if you want.

• Haha 1

This may be common knowledge but I'll put it out there....

My landrover was modded under the old pre-91 declaration system but I never got the papers on purchase (only a grainy photo). I just spoke with LVVTA who still had the record and would send me a copy.  It is perfectly ok so long as a)the rego is still live since declaration and b)the mods listed remain the same.  Simple $90 admin fee and I am away. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 24/05/2023 at 22:27, RXFORD said:

Just from a reputable manufacturer really.

Aliexpress parts may lead to Cert man leaving a note on cert fail sheet saying "remove china parts" otherwise.

this

the aliexpress bags have quite a low pressure rating which may not be suitable in some cases

internal design features are not ideal on some of them 

1 hour ago, nzstato said:

This may be common knowledge but I'll put it out there....

My landrover was modded under the old pre-91 declaration system but I never got the papers on purchase (only a grainy photo). I just spoke with LVVTA who still had the record and would send me a copy.  It is perfectly ok so long as a)the rego is still live since declaration and b)the mods listed remain the same.  Simple $90 admin fee and I am away. 

Related

there was an accident recently which involved a car with a declaration, which did not match- it had been modified further after the declaration 

there was some rumours that NZTA wanted to make declarations void after that, but i dont think anything happened, apart from this

Inspection news (nzta.govt.nz)

12 minutes ago, cletus said:

Related

there was an accident recently which involved a car with a declaration, which did not match- it had been modified further after the declaration 

there was some rumours that NZTA wanted to make declarations void after that, but i dont think anything happened, apart from this

Inspection news (nzta.govt.nz)

The guy on the phone was very clear that there can be no further modifications to what was listed on the sheet.

A friend was able to do something similar recently, HZ holden with a 350chev on old papers. 

I imagine if you wanted to further mod you would have to re-cert everything and to current standards?

Whats listed on mine is diesel conversion + 5 spd and vaccum assist brakes.

7 hours ago, nzstato said:

The guy on the phone was very clear that there can be no further modifications to what was listed on the sheet.

A friend was able to do something similar recently, HZ holden with a 350chev on old papers. 

I imagine if you wanted to further mod you would have to re-cert everything and to current standards?

Whats listed on mine is diesel conversion + 5 spd and vaccum assist brakes.

Yes, recert, any post declaration mods would have to be to current standards,  mods on the declaration would get an exemption from some things , there are sections in the CCM for pre 92 mods 

It is pretty rare to see cars that match the declaration,  usually they have some mods like different wheels over the years 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a question best left for when you have the parts , attachment to the vehicle and where that attachment is are as important as the parts themselves 

I generally avoid telling anyone any parts are ok based on photos , i have been threatened with legal action in the past because i told someone some arms looked ok, they bought them and they were shit , and they wanted me to pay for them 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mjrstar said:

Perhaps the right place to ask, has anyone had success getting a government issue plate (not mine)which has been deregistered long ago reissued as a personalised plate?

Yes, I did this earlier this year. Call Kiwiplates or live chat on their site. Tell them that is what you want to do. They will contact Waka Kotahi and have the plate pulled out of the system and made available for purchase.

• Like 1