For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

said everyone who doesnt like stretched tyres.

the biggest problem i see with this, is there are a lot of people who have spent time and money doing things as per the rules, buying wheels and tyres that comply, now all of a sudden, are going to be up for new wheels, or have to do some fairly major mods to bodywork.

got off the phone just before to a guy who has the mintest S6 rx7 ive seen in a long time, with 18x9 and 18x10 works on it that he paid $4k for, had 235 falkens with the paperwork to say they were fine, the day i signed the cert off, the "rules" change, and now he has to fit 255's and roll the guards majorly, or fit another set of wheels.

I cant see how falken can say, that overnight, the same 215/40/17 went from being perfectly legal and fine on a 9'' rim, is now only safe for a 8.5'' or whatever. If they are going to do that there needs to be a lead in time, or tyres made after 'x' date have the new minimum sizes.

If you'd signed the paperwork off before being formally notified of the change, then doesn't that count as "To the standards relevant at time of cert"? or however it's worded?

• Like 2

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno. if it was LVVTA changing the rules then i guess that would be correct but its got nothing to do with them as far as an actual change in a rule goes, as its the manufacturer of the tyres that has changed the specs.

I still havnt recieved anything more 'official' than what everyone else has seen on FB etc

had anther car for a recheck that had falkens today that dont comply any more, told him to go back to the supplier and moan to them, otherwise hes $700 lighter from buying tyres to pass a cert that are no use now....

• Like 1

update on the tyre issue

spoke to LVVTA today.

as it stands at the moment they will still accept the earlier falken size sheet, as the website still has the old sizes on it, and the only thing they have recieved contrary to that is the technical bulletin that OTR released, which as discussed on a previous page, is by the importer, not the manufacturer.

However

it will change in the near future, and anyone who gets or has had a car certified with the old tyre size specs, technically wont be legal any more.

When it does change as far as certification is concerned, LVVTA will notify certifiers officially.

yup.

i think it comes down to legal definition- LVVTA that says a certifier must follow the LVV size chart, unless a tyre manufacturers spec sheet says otherwise. Because that bulletin from OTR is written by a tyre importer/distributor not a manufacturer, it is irrelevant until Falken changes their website to the latest spec.

They did say to warn people that it will change though, and probably soon.

Sorry to raise this again.

You mentioned a while back that line locks were legal.

I wish to use mine to lock the rear brakes OFF not the front brakes ON as I think is normal.

Is this still going to be legal or will I need to hide the solenoid really well lol.

Also, what counts as isolation? I have a toggle switch with cover as my isolation and a second pushbutton switch on my shifter.

If required I could place a ballvalve in parallel with the solenoid as a manual isolation. With the manual valve open fluid can bypass the solenoid if its closed accidently.

line lock has to have a main on- off switch, with a light to tell you its is on, and a momentary switch to operate the line lock.

it doesnt matter which way round it is plumbed

Are there reasons why nobody cuts the disk off HQ hubs and just slips on a conventional disk with longer studs?

Yes will need hubcentric spacers and offset will change slightly due to top hat thickness.

if you did it correctly i cant see an issue

• Like 1

Thanks man. Actually have found reasonably priced billet hubs in aus (after a good long look!) Made from 2540 (from memory..that number could be way off) with material certs etc provided. They seem like a safer way to go (although who has heard of a factory hub failing, lol)

Might machine up some factory hubs and sell on TM

hey almighty Oz,

with regards to wof rust repairs and having them 'signed off'

can anyone elaborate on what this means and what you need in order to be 'legit'?

i've done lots of repairs without any issues, even some for vtnz wofs and just filled in my contact information on the sheet haha. must have made up a business name too.  anyway, yeah.

• Like 2

Relevant to my interests lol.

I got given said sheet so assumed it needed to be a legit buisness that does the work. maybe they just dont check up. Steelies Industires Ltd probably sounds good enough for them.....haha

• Like 4