For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh good, I learn about this from a public forum.

have had a few calls about this today and yesterday and told them  'nope, must be a rumor, havnt heard anything.'

signed off 2 cars today that will be affected by this...

• Like 1

Seems a bit silly on Falkens behalf. I mean if they designed the tyre and said it can go on x size rim, then why back track on that statement. Although they are the outlier from my research experience. But still, they have gone from one extreme to another haha.

Ah well, brace yourselves for the ftp etc. 

• Like 1

^ Will keep you posted Clint once I've had clarification back from the National rep. 

Read the last paragraph more thoroughly. This is mainly why I haven't posted anything in the first place. 

To answer the question posted above. Yes the documentation was legitimate, signed, dated and stamped.

However the way the document is worded, Im not sure whether they're withdrawing their support of stretched tyres per-say - but leaving the existing specified widths (which was generally .5" wider than anything specified in the Lvvta wof/certification threshold) Or a blanket withdrawal over everything..

• Like 1

Just had a look at one of the Falken Digest docs (2013)

A ZE912 has the following info

Tyre Size              Permitted Rims   Measuring Rim Width   Section Width   Diameter   Stat. Load Radius   Rolling Circ.

195/45/14   77 V   6.0-7.5 (8.0)       6.5                                195                   532           247                          1625

http://www.falkentyres-uk.com/getfile.aspx?id=23

this is what i have read.

i found this on the race cars in sheds FB page.

Falken tyres do not have heavier sidewalls than other brands, the loophole was created by the Falken European agent with basically a memo, and this was never distributed by Falken in NZ, but by a third party. They have accepted this document for low volume certs, and Falken sold a fair few tyres on this basis, but they never offered warranty on stretched tyres, so they are now covering themselves for this as Falken factory recommended fitments fall in line with every other tyre company. This was always going to happen, and it was surprising the loophole existed this long.
  • Like 1

there was a blurb in here about falken tyres/specsheet etc

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/newsletters_pub/LVVTA_Newsletter_2013_October-December.pdf

interestingly,

Falken Eu-

rope have provided a letter which sets
out their recommended tyre to rim
fitments, which specifically approves,
or recommends, a 215/40/ZR17 tyre
on a 9.0" rim. The same document
can be found on Falken’s website. For
added assurance, Justin Hansen con-
tacted Falken direct, and Falken con-
firmed that they were happy with this
fitment (215/40/17 on a 9.0" rim).

OTR are just a distributor for Falken Tyres in NZ, surely they can't supersede previous pattern digests given by an ACTUAL Falken enterprise in Europe?

If you go to Falken Europe, you get this:

http://falken-europe.de/

A proper legit company site.

If you try find Falken NZ, you get this:

http://www.tyresnz.co.nz/

A big bag of dicks that sells both Hankook and Falken.

Get fucked OTR.

• Like 1

The 2013 Pattern Digest for the Ziex states exactly what kicker has posted

Both the Falken UK digest and the Falken Europe digest state it. The size I'm interested in is no longer made so it isn't IN the 2015 digest. You can't on one hand say "read the digest" and then on the other say "Don't read the digest."

As I see it, OFFICIAL Falken documentation states 'x', an NZ distributor or supposed "Falken Tyres NZ" surely cannot put out on NON-Falken literature a statement retracting OFFICIAL Falken COMPANY DOCUMENT statements.

Again.

Get fucked OTR. Go sell some Hankooks.

Just had a look at one of the Falken Digest docs (2013)

A ZE912 has the following info

Tyre Size              Permitted Rims   Measuring Rim Width   Section Width   Diameter   Stat. Load Radius   Rolling Circ.

195/45/14   77 V   6.0-7.5 (8.0)       6.5                                195                   532           247                          1625

http://www.falkentyres-uk.com/getfile.aspx?id=23

What does the number in brackets next to the permitted rims part mean?

Keep in mind also that the 912 has been superseded by the 914 and the size recommendations have changed as well. So these sizes and tyres will run out eventually regardless. Also keep in mind specific sizes and model types were targeted and approved for generally a half inch wider than other brands but remember not all sizes were affected so it's not some arbitrary statement saying ALL FALKEN TIRES CAN DO THIS. There is likely science, reasoning and testing behind it.

P.S.

Get fucked OTR.

Here we go Clint, direct from the SUGGESTED USE DOCUMENT BY OTR

(Y) = over 300 km/h All sizes with rim protector. Rim width in ( ) is also permitted in accordance with confirmation from Falken Tyre Europe GmbH.

Straight from this file: (click to download - It's the 2012 Digest)

http://falken-europe.com/download/file/fid/586

Which is... DUN DUN DUN!

FROM THE FUCKING FALKEN WEBSITE.

Fuck I hate jumped up NZ companies trying to impose nonsense.

If it was a wind-up though, they got me.