For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

depends how much meat is in it really. could be no issue or it could be dubious you able to get any pics/sketch with dimensions bart? from what I can see in the pic I'm thinking you would probably be ok as it looks like a fair few mm outside of the castle nut.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere here before but I can't find anything about it anywhere. Anyway I have just acquired a datsun sunny wagon, it had a 1200 (A12) in it and I have a 1500(A15) sitting around. If I put the A15 in it would it need cert? Please and thank you

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere here before but I can't find anything about it anywhere. Anyway I have just acquired a datsun sunny wagon, it had a 1200 (A12) in it and I have a 1500(A15) sitting around. If I put the A15 in it would it need cert? Please and thank you

Does that not slip through the rules as its same engine family, bolt in parts(?), no change in configuration, power increase no greater than 20%....

Clint will be able to confirm

4.3 Engine conversions that do not require certification

A vehicle is not required to be certified to the Low Volume Vehicle Code, provided that the safe performance of the vehicle is

not compromised, where the only modification to the vehicle is the fitting of an engine other than that fitted by the vehicle manufacturer, and that the engine:

(a) is of the same or less capacity or power output; and

(b ) is of the same configuration; and

(c ) the fuel type is not changed from petrol to diesel or vice-versa; and

(d) has the same type of fuel induction system; and

(e) has the same weight, location, and centre of gravity; and

(f) is of the same design and casting family of cylinder block and cylinder head(s).

• Like 1

I guess if you had a gx a12, then a stock a15 wouldn't make more power so the "or power output" part of a) comes into play....

4.3 Engine conversions that do not require certification
A vehicle is not required to be certified to the Low Volume Vehicle Code, provided that the safe performance of the vehicle is
not compromised, where the only modification to the vehicle is the fitting of an engine other than that fitted by the vehicle manufacturer, and that the engine:
(a) is of the same or less capacity or power output; and
(b ) is of the same configuration; and
(c ) the fuel type is not changed from petrol to diesel or vice-versa; and
(d) has the same type of fuel induction system; and
(e) has the same weight, location, and centre of gravity; and
(f) is of the same design and casting family of cylinder block and cylinder head(s).