Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Townace boxes would have quite low 1st and 2nd ratios? But can look into. What ever it is I want it to look as standard as possible so to avoid need for cert. Datsun engines do this Welles they full onto stock mounts etc and just look old. If/when I cert this it's going to be for something way more modern.....v12... Or Saab engine.

Hopefully later I'll know if the little boat anchor currently residing in the bay works or not.

• 4 months later...

cheese on toast with salami

i want details of this culinary delight.

bread type?

cheese type and most important what type of salami are you using in this concoction?

my staple is avocado on vogels with a bit of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil but im noting if not adventurous when it comes to things to have on toast.

Oh I do love avocado with cheese and bacon! Yes.  I may well have to purchase some.

Here is the bread and salami. I would usually use Vogels or Burgen but have recently discovered the delights of the in house country multi seed at New world (I dont shop at countdown or pac n save because I am middle class). This bread lends itself well to COT offering a larger surface area and nice texture.

The Salami is my favourite- Verkerks lean peperoni- 92% meat and far less fat than normal salami offering great taste! (plus is healthier so I get to live longer and eat more)

20150803_133617.jpg

In action... (like almost live in action as i am eating this delight right now)

20150803_133534.jpg

I have also got a fondness for oven fries. These coupled with some saveloys are right up there in the allowable zone on the 'time it takes to cook vs time it takes to eat' scale.

Back to that car..

I dont want to lose any of this patina..

20150803_094755.jpg

Before starting and grinding I almost took the windscreen out. But there is no way the parished rubber will survive plus I like the moss.

20150803_094812.jpg

The screen is pretty scratched but will get a wof easy. So it stays for now. Once the car is insured it might possibly get hit by a stone sometime..ya never know eh. Then I can get a new screen and rubber. For now I will fill any gaps and accept it will most likely leak.

Its British so actually it will leak.

• Like 2

awesome work with the floor repairs nice job with the channels. awesome thread but i find a lack of furry friends compared to all your other threads? does kevin not approve of station wagons? or not a fan of patina? keep up the good work, also another vote for avo on toast my slice of choice being burgen.

• Like 1

Oh wow!!! Nah I didn't realise he bought another. Wicked! I must go discuss rust with him now.

Note; Hannah would most likely chime in here and point out that his is actually a wagon, like her triumph where as mine is a hatchback because it doesnt have a full open door. Blah.

But I do love wagons with drop down lower tailgates. It makes so much sense.