Barts new kittens (and another pile of rusty unfinished Datsun project car)

yoeddynz

Thanks Alex.

Without spamming up the actual build thread, heres the back story.

Our cat is elderly.  She annoys me, and was never the favourite. (Other cat is long deceased) but she is a loved part of our family. 

However her fur goes everywhere. If i take off my work clothes, and put on garage clothes, she'll lie on them and make them all hairy. And her fur collects in tufts all over the carpet/on my norsewear socks. 

I dont want another cat. 

I told her i bought another datsun. Theres a garage space at mums for it. 

Obviously it looks like shit to a non car person. So she blew up and over reacted like a dick. Purely as an excuse to force her will of getting two kittens once Oscar finally falls off the perch. (Yes our girl cat has a boys name, thats another sharn)

Anyway,

I need to do a three hour mish to go pick it up. At this point, its finding a weekend where both the seller and i arent busy.

Then try and get a non rolling car off the trailer, and into the garage.

New years day 2023 i heled a friend move a datsun shell, and when i found the mechanical load limit of my once infallable guns i tore my bicep tendon. Subsequently ill be employing a greater degree of care/different methodology at that time. 

I havent seen them, but the seller tells me the guy who tubbed it out also welded the bonnet and front gaurds together. With a veiw to making a tilt front.  

• Like 8

You need to stipulate that should two more cats be imminent they need to be either Burmese or Sphynx..  Also remind her about the damage cats do to the local bird/reptile populations and the purchase of such is only exacerbating the problem and also that cars only damage the local environment when they work..... Good luck and god speed.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, yetchh said:

You need to stipulate that should two more cats be imminent they need to be either Burmese or Sphynx..  Also remind her about the damage cats do to the local bird/reptile populations and the purchase of such is only exacerbating the problem and also that cars only damage the local environment when they work..... Good luck and god speed.. 

Nope - Norwegian Forest cat or Maine Coon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bart's Handbrake said:

Nope - Norwegian Forest cat or Maine Coon

So you want something big enough to take down Bart ?   I'd start the kids grooming Oscar now as either of those breeds will be regular hard work.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

There was once a fella called @dattochriswagon who had a datto wagon with grand plans. 

Then he didn't. 

I wonder if he's got kittens? 

Not a very good limerick m8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, tortron said:

A man named Bart, against advice,

Bought a Datsun, not once but twice.

His wife disapproved,

The car hardly moved,

Now it's rusting – not so nice.

You need to add something about the Valiant that was fully panelled and painted and almost complete but left on the back lawn for 10 years...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

There was once a fella called @dattochriswagon who had a datto wagon with grand plans. 

Then he didn't. 

I wonder if he's got kittens? 

I mostly finished it. Drove it. Sold it for more than it owed me and lived happily ever after. Got a cat named Spanners with 3 legs thats happy as. Fun fact the old photo of this 4dr 1200 wagon has the back end of my Blue 2dr Ke70 wagon in it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1