Roman's 4GR V6 Carina discussion thread

Roman

On 07/06/2023 at 14:16, Rhyscar said:

Kinda makes you wonder if theres value in considering 2x different intake lengths?

Can be used to smooth out the bumps in power curve.  But having runners all the same length, at the ideal length. will get you best over all power by a little bit.     Also if your picky about your afr.  will be a bit all over the shop,

unless tune each cylinder

• Like 2

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a .. thematically related pink PCB demo, with the first kinda tubular connector I found.

Point being, you could run a loom on a PCB like this (e.g. heavy 2Oz / 4Oz copper, multilayer, mounting points from  the engine bosses) for over the top of the engine), with plugs or wire terminating pads. If you wanted to.

And if you had a PCB like that, then you could add LEDs to the top/underside, like for injector / ign firing, temperature gradient, peak RPM achieved, horoscope, BTC price...

[Feature] iJDMTOY Engine Bay RGB LED Strip Light Kit

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 15/06/2023 at 13:34, Roman said:

Thanks. Bits have gone off to one stop cutting shop. 

See how it goes. 

I send a bit to them from work and have had some complex folds done and they have always come back mint. Would 100% trade again.

• Thanks 1

I think they use the exact same shitty manifolds and gaskets on the rwd 4GR, 3GR, 2GR. 

Picture 1 of 6

So its just massively oversized for 4GR valves and ports. 
Just absolutely zero effort haha to make it suit the motor haha. 

So might be some easy gains. Like the echo though, I think the higher the compression ratio the more tolerant it is of a crappy exhaust.

I looked at making ports a bit larger, but they seem reasonably decent given the valve size. 

I'm trying to get all of the basics together first, so it's running. Then that's when the fun part will begin, where I can buy a second motor and try some different porting ideas, try cut down the big divider between intake ports, stuff like that.

• Like 7