Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just a token takeway place, nothing to write home about really, but Im not concerned about my wel lbeing after I eat there so its not too bad at all.

Also, bets on how long we last in the carpark till we get the boot? rofl

Nah, it's not a bad place.  I was just warning people against getting too excited.  It's certainly not the magical place that it's talked up to be, particularly if one is sober and it's a miserable week night.

Stuff tends to get talked up rather a lot here.  I'm being the logical voice of mediocrity.

the rice bowl has a roller door on the front , that tells you everything you need to know.

i still have mild reservations about the countdown carpark, and have been trying to think of other covered places in foo-town. not thinking plan change, just other options.  willing to bet the upstairs carpark at newtown new world up the road will be less populated, and less ritzy/less likely to be asked to leave

• Like 2

The carpark in Countdown was built to also accomodate patrons of other local businesses. Part of them being able to get the resource consent.

So technically as long as someone buys Rice Bowl we are sweet, as long as no one is disorderly they can't move us on.

It also is a double level carpark, I suggest we meet on the lower level as it's mostly empty

And the classy sign

Edit: Ha, reading that again makes it sound stupid. I meant the lettering is real classy.

I took this picture of the door frame at Rice Bowl a few years ago.  I hope they haven't painted over it.

18xg.jpg

Access to it is from within the ground level car park, just go in as normal from either Hanson St or Adelaide Road then drive around leaning over the steering wheel, squinting and holding people up and you'll eventually find the ramp down.

• Like 5

is a burget a gourmet burger?

cos that's what we had.

last time i got novelty burgers with phil the woman told phil his 'super mega burger' was ready, a name she gave it with no influence from us. clearly she knows what is proverbially 'up'

• Like 1