Cletus's other projects

cletus

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes a lot better now. Forgot to take phone for maximum speed run but probably should let it bed in a bit first anyway. 

Ill order some lighter rollers too, the original ones were 5 gram , the new ones are 9 and it feels like it changes ratio too early

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 19:56, cletus said:

It goes a lot better now. Forgot to take phone for maximum speed run 

Took it to east tamaki for a ride around to run it in a bit

Now does 71kph flat out.

Hopefully the new rollers turn up this week and that should make it accelerate better-it kind of goes good at first, then bogs down while the cvt changes ratio, then accelerates again once it can gain rpm again

Also it's a bit Harley Davidson in the corners, doesn't take much for the exhaust/ side stand to touch down

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

scooter started smoking like a 350,000km mitsubishi.

when i put the head on, it felt like the exhaust valve retainer was hitting the top of the valve stem seal at full lift, i thought "meh, ill see what happens"

and now i know.

took 13 minutes to have engine out again and stripped. put the old head back on and no more smoking.

still waiting on new rollers, i pulled the variator apart cause i had some new guide bushes for it, and removed 3 weights just to see what happens and it makes it rev better. the variator has some wear in it so probably need a new one of those next.

and ordered a 52mm piston and barrel because moar powarr

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Needed more ground clearance, so made a new front pipe, too rowdy with no muffler at all so made one. Whole exhaust is made from an old lawnmower handle and a bit of 2" pipe and some big washers. Good chance to practice with tig welder, I haven't done much for ages

It's probably still a bit louder than I'd like

20170821_214701.jpg

20170820_214737.jpg

20170820_230745.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I put a bid on it and forgot about it, I may have been under the influence of the Devils cordial at the time. Nobody else bid so I ended up owning it.

It's superfucked, siezed solid, frame is rusty, and I think it was stored in the sea. It's only done 180km lol. So it's got 2 good tyres at least, and some bits I might need, the rest can go in the bin

Brake bits turned up for the ute today so bolted that stuff on.

322mm disc and a bracket to make the factory 2 pot caliper work, this is the same as was a factory option on bf xr6t or fg , territory uses this disc as well

20170912_163229.jpg

20170912_174606.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

More scootering.

Got this one off trade me cheap

Made a big mess dismantling 2 scooters to make one runner. It had been run low on oil and part siezed. It nearly ran, but was hard to turn over

Pulled it apart and the big end bearing was pooched. So I pulled the crank out of the other rusty one.

Interestingly it already had a 47mm piston in it,  other donor bike has a 39mm one.

20180106_125228.jpg

20180106_194407.jpg

1515222510993-862768274.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I did it again. I wanted to try a 2 stroke this time. 

Its a bit rough but it goes hard, for what it is. 

I think it may have been fiddled with already as it seems to rev quite high before it moves.

It goes up my 'test hill' about 8kph faster than my red scoot

20180305_220457.jpg

• Like 8