Cletus's other projects

cletus

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipes about $260 and I'm doing the CDI units for about $160.

Or from memory $350 and $220 from a place in Auckland...

/Not that I'm trying to sell Clint anything, just having played with my middy's AZ and my own Let's I know the results are worth it, even with the stock cylinder I was able to get 80k+ out of mine with just pipe, CDI and variator.

• Like 2

That's actually damn impressive for a Razz!

They have a single speed chain drive gear set up rather than CVT, it's why a lot of people used to swap Jog engines into the Razz.

A good 70cc kit, some custom porting to the cylinder and cases and a decent pipe/variator/CDI/carb combo can get these Suzuki's up to over 110k on the flat, the crank is the main limitation as there's no uprated aftermarket options for them.

• Like 1

Went for a ride today. It went ok apart from when it gets warm- it loses its "snappiness" ... going up some hills it would bog down like the variator wasnt letting it change ratio, and it doesn't get off the mark as quick

I pulled the side off it this afternoon and had a look, the rollers have flat spots(not sure if they are bad enough to cause a problem or not? @Raizer) and its quite grubby in there. I cleaned it and found some spare new rollers so I'll whack it back together and see how it goes then

Someone has already been in there, the clutch spring doesnt look factory and its got a kitaco variator .  

20180318_180922.jpg

20180318_180943.jpg

20180318_181004.jpg

Those rollers aren't that bad.

Those variators are decent, it's the same as what Sandy's running in her AZ.

Possibly getting clutch slip once it heats up.

Try giving it a go without the plastic CVT cover, you might need a couple slightly shorter bolts to get the kick start on without it.

That's why I run mine with the clutch exposed, used to start slipping after a few take offs.

A factory SJ50 clutch and bell is a good upgrade for these too, 3 shoe, wider and will take Jog springs from memory.

• Thanks 1