Cletus's other projects

cletus

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I looked at the average L thing it said 18. Most of that driving is tutuing around locally when it's cold.

Might go to rotorua for the weekend with kid in car so that will be a feather boot trip to see what it's like on open road, I'm sure it was about the same as my wagon when te boss had it before me.

92.2 bore, 92.7 stroke for the 5.0.

the 5.0 is called a 'coyote' and makes 268-320 KW depending on what its in

Straya bunged a supercharger on it for FPV/GT falcons and did some other stuff and called it a 'miami' 

and those ones make 335- 351 KW

i didnt think it was that bad? i filled it up when i left, drove it last night and it still has at least a third of a tank left.

I used to do auck-rotorua a lot more often about 15 years ago, in a r32 gts-t, that was $100 in gas even then. Did it a bit faster though. same trip in a valiant was $80. i remember being a bit dissapointed the late model flash car was worse on fuel

• Like 1

Yeah that's probably not too bad to be honest. I had thought the manual would net better results.

To put it in perspective a fg 6 cylinder non turbo sedan will return around 8.5 l -100 and my ute is around 9.5 l- 100 but inherently the aero is so bad on a ute that you are up for giving it an extra 1 - 1.5 litres per hundred.

If you have an old 4 speed 4wd territory expect to be around 14 /100 and the turbo ones more like 16.

Realistically so long as it makes some bad-ass v8 noises who gives a shit about a litre of gas every hundred k's.

• Like 1

The 4wd (terri) models chew that much??

I get that around town. With lots of stop starts and short trips....(Rwd)

My parents one did 14 around town and got down under 10 open road. With Mum driving. Dad was more like 16 and 11. 2004 TS AWD.

In contrast my manual AU XR6 did 11 around town and close to 7 open road, on 91 as well. Main reason I chose the 6 over the 8!