Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/02/2023 at 21:40, SOHC said:

I have found those cheap die grinders are more air hungry than better ones, I have a bluepoint one that uses half the air of a cheap China one

Best one I ever used was a Kawasaki variable speed. I believe it to have been a Desoutter made under licence. When it eventually wore out no-one locally could supply a genuine variable speed model. Finished up with a slightly bigger cheapo on which I've played around with the inlet valve sizing to make it slightly more variable speed. Best way to slow it down is still to reduce the line pressure.  10CFM V twin compressor can keep up with it at least for the bursts of work between looking and measuring I do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bling said:

Yeah just make sure you get the right standard hose, I think they had a thing about it in the LVVTA newsletter at some point.

Oh god , into the rabbit hole of updates and nonsense we go, see ya nek week

2 hours ago, Bling said:

Yeah just make sure you get the right standard hose, I think they had a thing about it in the LVVTA newsletter at some point.

J1403 is the most common vac hose spec. 

Lvvta is very particular about using the correct type of hose

• Like 2

I wanna give my fireplace a tart up, im guessing the current coating is baked on enamel or powder coating? Whats the best way prep it before repainting with Hi temp enamel? Its only the outside panels not the firebox itself so getting hot but not direct heat hot

Bit of a ling post, but when i'd touch up gas fires, i'd just clean the surface and spray away. A few light coats. It either worked fine, or people never chased me up to say it didn't last. Should be pretty similar temps i'd say.