Mr.Mk1's 66 Pontiac Parisienne hearse

AllTorque

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran into a guy with a parisienne sedan today. So fucken lush. Its pillarless and apparently the roof is two inches lower than a laurentian.

Quizzed him for spare parts, he wont sell any just in case his takes a hit.

He knew about your wag though, (with ugg front), my sedan in storage and had seen my parts car down at the wharf too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been told that the L6 petrol turbo manifold isn't actually a happy fit on the LD motor. And they tend to promote a terminal failure of some kind when run on such.

A guru said that a J pipe was actually  better for longevity.

only what I've heard, might be made up bullshit.

You need one of these which Ive had sitting around for my LD engine, your more than welcome to borrow it for a test fit. Fits original exhaust manifold as hearing from the older generation (some of my customers lol) that played with these when they were semi new the petrol one is not the way to go.

This one does have an original Air Research turbo which i think was from an L20et, there are a few other newer turbos you could easily use though. Most people say Bounty BT50 or 1kzte turbo - for better low down boost.

0yUnAT.jpg

LNVuwj.jpg

Thanks Pete!

I'm only doing it because I'm allowed and it will be true to cert. supercharging may be better but I'd have to buy the bits, fabricate everything and re-cert..

If going down the re-cert road there's 100 things I'd rather do to it.

Cheers Brock, What's the science behind the j pipe? Physically moving the turbo away from the back cylinders about 200mm and slightly outboard?

Still uses crummy manifold.

I have HUUUUUGE amount of open space on this side of the engine bay, I feel with all that airflow around it, and so much space in the front for a decent intercooler, it should be fine.

Were they a production item? I've seen more than one in my net travels.

I think the science behind the J pipe is to attach a turbo to your motor with the minimum effort and cash outlay.

I'd be tempted to make one up with a 1kz or similar turbo as mentioned above and see how it goes. Add an intercooler further down the track if it's working well.

Science for LD28 Jpipe - is the petrol turbo manifolds need grinding and general fucking with to bolt up, to which most cuzzys go chur it works.

Problem is the port matching is up to fuck all and it gets more miss matched from port 1 to 6 creating the extra hotness in number 6.

Ive been told to run a Exhaust Gas Temp guage too (cant remember the figure to keep it at) so when you wind some more fuel in you dont cook it, as running rich is bad for diesels.

TBH you would have enough experience to go all out and get some bends from Chase etc and make a fancy turbo manifold - i have a cooked LD here to dummy up on so you still have a daily.

PS love this car - its quite evil looking.

• 2 weeks later...