Mr.Mk1's 66 Pontiac Parisienne hearse

AllTorque

Awesome wagon mate looks way better with the proper front on it funny how chevs and pontiacs are the same just different body panels. Everything inside is pretty much exactly the same as an impala wagon. Ill be keeping an eye on this build

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

And the handbrake, well I can stall the car while trying to take off with it on but the wof guy tests it on an incline and said it was better but not gonna hold up.

Make sure the brake shoes are fitted correct for leading and trailing. They grip better in one way.

They are as they were, might try find a picture from a manual to confirm

Hehe - the rest of the car wasn't exactly ship-shape when ya got it. :wink:

If the shoes have the lining material all mounted uniformly on all 4 shoes then it won't matter but it should look like this picture below if they have leading and trailing shoes. or the pair with the MOST material should be mounted towards the rear of the car.

brake_duo_servo.jpg

• Like 1

Turns out the hub seal in the kits was too thick and causing disc to bottom out and drag on rubber.

I came across another seal in a statesman wheel bearing kit that was half way there but not 100%

So I trimmed the seals down.

Combined with new bearings,

It worked!

Comparison Pics to follow.

And my new head unit arrived

After getting green stickered over trivial shit in my ranger wagon at the last blossy within minutes of hitting Alex on Friday and the general bogan factor being quartered/out ruled compared to the old days, no blossy treks planned!