good places for vinyl records in the auckland

Hey guys.

Niki and I are coming up to auckland this weekend to collect a suzuki carry van.

Wouldn't mind checking out some good places to buy some vinyl records. And maybe second stores. Or even just sweet places to visit.

So hit me with your best shots!!!

Hearts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Musiquarium on Dominion Road, just up from Segedins is good for a mix of secondhand stuff around the $10 mark, and a bit of new stuff. 

Southbound Records, towards the top of Mt Eden Road is ace for new stuff, and it's close to Galbraiths for a brew.

Real Groovy though, heaps for cheaps.

• Like 1

Alien Records, Veronica St New Lynn. Bit tricky to find but it's not so bad once you're in there, I've found some gems in there.

Conch is good if you're into dance music, hip hop, dub, roots etc

Musicquarium is primo just to go in and yarn to Rick, he's a GC.

Southbound can have the occasional bargain but the vast majority (and I mean vaaaaast) is pricy new stuff. Sometimes stuff gets marked down and I've had some good sale bin scores.

Real Groovy is Real Groovy - easily the biggest and best in Auckland but true bargainous gems are drying up and their prices are going up as a result.

Junk and Disorderly in Northcote is a huge as fuck second hand store, and has boxes upon boxes of vinyl - rare to find anything decent (think Seekers, Kamahl infested collections) but I have once again been successful there.

JB HiFi in Queen Street has an ever expanding section of new vinyl too.

I would offer to take you on a record store tour of the 09 but I am unfortunately away that weekend.

Junk and Disordely on the North Shore is pretty cool. Heaps of old tools, car badges, magazines, crap, everything. It is a trendy North Shore shopping spot so most stuff is quite spendy compared to say op shopping, but it is a very cool shop and only a short hop over the bridge. Usually band playing on a Sunday etc....

FYI none of the old surfboards in there are for sale.... *sadface*

The others have the record shopping covered, but if it's op shopping you're after, call in to The White Elephant on Karangahape Rd under the Hollywood Bakery. They have an entire basement full of knick knacks.

Definitely keen for knick knacks and general junk.

Have a whole mini van to fill!!

Seedy has definitely been rubbing off on you...

Puhuhuhu

• Like 2

Nice one, dad.

Niki, If you're not super hungover on Saturday morning you could also hit up the various car boot markets scattered around West Auckland that start at the crack of dawn and go until about 11am.

There's a good one halfway between my place and ChrisTara's on the corner of Great North Road and Edmonton. I've found a few cool things there, but I'm never up early enough to score the awesomest bargains.

• Like 1