steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surprised at the ease of use in some areas like bedroom (thought i'd be up against the bed just walking through but even have room for a computer on a trolley in there) and bathroom, which is well more spacious than others i've lived with. hallway is tight at 700mm odd. carrying large box of crap through it = crabwalking to avoid losing knuckle meat.

knocked my hip on the kitchen bench corner once.

i'm quietly stoked about it all though, and it should get better once i'm actually using the lounge end, as it's currently full of timber 'n' junk.

interesting getting used to the main deck door that opens into the prevailing howler of a northerly, and the brain systems required to go in and out of the place without losing a door, a pain of glass, or all of the paperwork on the drawing table.

had the door slam both open and closed in the same wind, wellington life as usual.

all the rubbish from my trailer which wasn't rocks is now circling the property.

keeping the deck-side container shutter open which blocks the north end of the deck off completely changes things significantly, i left socks on the deck and they didnt even budge. with the shutter closed/deck open the socks would be in Yoeddy's yard by now.

• Like 8

surprised at the ease of use in some areas like bedroom (thought i'd be up against the bed just walking through but even have room for a computer on a trolley in there) and bathroom, which is well more spacious than others i've lived with. hallway is tight at 700mm odd. carrying large box of crap through it = crabwalking to avoid losing knuckle meat.

knocked my hip on the kitchen bench corner once.

i'm quietly stoked about it all though, and it should get better once i'm actually using the lounge end, as it's currently full of timber 'n' junk.

interesting getting used to the main deck door that opens into the prevailing howler of a northerly, and the brain systems required to go in and out of the place without losing a door, a pain of glass, or all of the paperwork on the drawing table.

had the door slam both open and closed in the same wind, wellington life as usual.

all the rubbish from my trailer which wasn't rocks is now circling the property.

keeping the deck-side container shutter open which blocks the north end of the deck off completely changes things significantly, i left socks on the deck and they didnt even budge. with the shutter closed/deck open the socks would be in Yoeddy's yard by now.

That's cool. Keen for a geezy gander whenever I'm in Welly next if that's all good?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks mang. good to see a bit of container in the background of your coffee machine pics! how is that suck at the mo?

gas fitter in tomorrow, ooooh hot water. such luxuries

almost lined enough inside to start cabinet for cooker.

been burning hours in the garage so house has slowed a bit, heh

also, genesis energy get a black spot for their efforts. ta

got a grouse little housewarming present from mr AllTorque, rad cheers man!

IMG_1619_zpsypn1l6oa.jpg

stuff all progress in the last couple weeks but rollin hot water which is choice. got a/the tree removed so now that chunk of dirt by the garage looks even more completely pointless. house gutter has started to come together, is in place. waiting for driveway road repairs, council didnt want a mixture of used engine oil and dirt in there. thats the same as tarmac isnt it??

• Like 5