steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have their budget brand too - Elba.

Pretty much everything is going to come with the same warranty, so you might as well go for something you like the look of/save a little bit on a cheaper version and buy an extended warranty with the left over. (Does anyone buy extended warranties?)

Or decide if energy efficient etc etc is more important to you than cost savings and pick the one that's best going to fulfil those requirements.

/don't buy a white one. White ones look cheap.

Screw extended warranties. Thats what consumer guarantees act is for.

Our washing machine crapped out 9 months after warranty. Just had to mention CGA and they paid for a bunch of repairs. we just had to pay $70 for the call out and then the repairs didn't work so they replaced with brand new machine.

Dishwasher got repaired for free a year and a half after warranty expired.

• Like 4

Have always done F+P dishwashers, washing machines and dryers. either F+P or simpson stoves. But thats just because thats what I used to work around so sort of know how to fix on my own if needed. Used to buy broken ones and repair then flip them for extra cash.

Unsure about anything gas as never dealt with that stz.

Few times I have fiddled with delonghi stuff I liked how it was built/put together but parts were spendy

Bosche same boat, seemed nicely made but havent fiddled too much

Hated anything Classique I have ever worked on. Cheaply made and shit and parts were so expensive. 

• Like 2

Yeah my Great aunt moved into a granny flat and didn't have anywhere to vent a dryer and nowhere to hang stuff out. We bought a washer/dryer all in one. Do not rate. The washer kg rating is way higher than the dryer one so you can't load it full and go straight to dry. Atleast not this one which is a Samsung.

Yeah my Great aunt moved into a granny flat and didn't have anywhere to vent a dryer and nowhere to hang stuff out. We bought a washer/dryer all in one. Do not rate. The washer kg rating is way higher than the dryer one so you can't load it full and go straight to dry. Atleast not this one which is a Samsung.

I had one a few years back and had the same experience, also the dryer part used to crank the heat, so many accidentally shrunk jerseys lol

back off topic

You just need one of these

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Dog-Maker-Machine-Hot-Dog-Cooker-Hotdog-Maker-Hot-Dog-Toaster-for-sale/1480563700.html

I have a theory, if it's heavy, it's most likely good. Just try lifting some and see what's what. We have Delonghi everything (combo oven, hob, dishwasher, though not all in one as above) and they are ~8 years old now with no issues with anything. Would buy again.

Another way to spot a cheap unit IMO, is the gas hob won't have thermocouples (safety cut outs). It will just have an electrode for the spark, and nothing else. 

Below shows the thermocouple at the top, and sparking electrode thingy (brain is off for the night) below it. I wouldn't (and you certainly shouldn't in a small place) buy one without thermocouples. What sort of cubic Neds area have you got for the kitchen/anywhere open permanently to the kitchen? If you can work that out, I can tell you the max input rating you can have for a gas hob before you need permanent ventilation etc. /whoever installs it can suss that I guess.

5.png

check out uk spec washer dryers ... that they put in the kitchen wat

they also do 2359847897429387562 million rpms

at least when i was there and our one blew up and we got a new one it was like this thing when you were doing your washing/shook the entire row of terraced/coro st houses

• Like 2

rad, delonghi seems to be winning just from these and other stories about the place. only work my plumber flatmate has done on one is replace a thermocouple.

cheers bling, yeah i wouldnt buy one without safeties. the odds of me blowing up this container are already high.