Grinder blades

drftnmaz

I think this is tech? if not please feel free to move it....

I'm looking for the best place to bulk buy grinder blades, mainly 125mmx1mm cut-off blades, I had been buying on staff account from a mate but he has changed jobs, I'm self employed and go through 15-30 a week so need a decent place to buy them, also I go through a few flapper disc's and grinding disc's but not that many

Was gonna start getting them from BOC because i have a account there but they seem useless at holding stock and often have to order them in on request :?

I would like to buy 50-100 at a time for a decent price, where does everyone else go? (happy to set up a account with a worthy supplier)

oh and im in auckland but don't mind getting them freighted here if needed

awesome, thanks for the idea's guys!!!

I haven't dealt with PPS before so will pop in there and have chat (as i'm often in penrose)

atm im not totally sure what i pay, being through a mate but i've never got a invoice or anything, was getting the KLINGSPOR brand and would get a box of 25 "125mmx1mm" and 4 Z60 flappers for $100, so i'd guess ~$2.5 per cutoff and ~$10 per flapper

For a while I had a engineering shop that would give me all there old flapper's (what they said was rubbish was only half life to me) and i would just use those, but again mate doesn't work there anymore so no more hook-ups :(

I'm not necessarily looking for the ultimate cheap price, just a fair deal with little-to-no hassle, i like the flex-o-vort? blades, not a big fan of klingsport, and will try out some makita ones this arvo and see how they last (noticed they are 1.2mm rather than 1mm)

weld tech on the corner of allens road and something or other road have pretty good prices for cutoff and flap disks.

talk to Wayne and tell him you a one man band just trying to pay the rent. hes a pretty good guy and should give you a decent price if you buy a few. 

I got them from BNT for $1 each a few times. Even bunnings charges like $3 each trade.

you mean the flapper disc's? or grinding blades? whenever i have brought cheap (say under $5) flapper disc's they are very poor quality and last 1/5 of the time a $12-15 flapper does

I was just as bunnings eariler today checking out stuff because I had some other bits to get, and the cheapest 125mm cut-off's they had was the makita pack's of 10 for ~$33, the only single 125x1mm they had left was $5.90! (100 and 115mm were cheaper but no good to me)

.8 sounds lush, keen to give that a jam

weld tech on the corner of allens road and something or other road have pretty good prices for cutoff and flap disks.

talk to Wayne and tell him you a one man band just trying to pay the rent. hes a pretty good guy and should give you a decent price if you buy a few. 

cheers! will pop in there and have a chat

Todd, have a chat to Andy C, he works at Saeco HO and can sort out deals there. He got me stuff cheap from weld tech as well when i bought all my welding gear so could be worth a try? I'm guessing you can ask Tyrone as well as he is at Saeco too last i heard.

I use a lot of cutting disks, in particular 125x .8's and 1mm's

can't beat flexovit for quality, but they are around $2.20 ea at backwoods

Smith and arrow do .8's at $1ea I've used over 300 of them but they just don't last like the more expensive disks, their 1mm disks are the same price, they last quite a bit longer, but i only get 1/2 the life compared to flexovit,

I've also just invested in a 9" grinder and using 1.6mm flexovit disks very impressed with the life,

I get mine through hobeca, if i remember tomorrow ill pm you a price list, i think the flappers are a pretty good price and i cvan also get see through flappers which ive found real good for finishing ally and the like.

Just make sure you are getting the right discs for your application, alot of places will try sell you INOX  for doing steel, but they wear out real fast on steel/they dont care.