Matt's hairdresser spec Mazda of lame.

mjrstar

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You can NEVER have enough wastegates / screamer pipes G WEST MAZDA WHATT!!!!!

But fair enough.

I like how this is shaping up. What sort of power are you going for, and how do you intend to get that power to the ground? (I mean overcoming traction issues)

Plan is 15x9's with 225 semi slicks, and the plate lsd, all other traction control will be operated by right foot, i can't see this being any worse than the solid axle setup in the starlet, surely IRS and wider (and new) rear rubber should actually improve the situation, power wise probably 260-270 wheel KW at maybe 24 psi but then dropped back to around 16-18 psi and 220-230 kw to make it a tad more driveable (guesstamation) at this stage..but hey if it for some odd reason only wants to make 200 wheel kw that's enough to create a smile in a lightweight car..

It should make power in more of a linear fashion with boost coming on earlier than the starlet..

also not too sure i understand your concern with said traction issues... isn't that the entire point of this sort of machine, i mean it's not exactly a toyota prius???

oh.. so what's happening here??

looks like a key piece of the puzzle coming together..

Jig to find the centre of movement of the input shaft and hold it there for surveying.

P1010920_zps336a7be9.jpg

Cardboard template next to the almost finished 10mm steel plate.

P1010922_zps45035ddf.jpg

Bolted to spare VR4 block with Evo 1-3 starter motor. This was chosen because they are smaller in diameter than most which allows it to be bolted in from the other side than usual.

P1010925_zps062745f5.jpg

Trial assembly.

P1010928_zps7c7a8185.jpg

P1010927_zps648941f8.jpg

• Like 1

that's a huge box compared to the engine block! I looked at running one of them 6 speeds in the Eterna because it was much cheaper than a 5 speed R154 at the time but the trans tunnel would have to been modified to make it fit which I was unkeen on. How well does it fit in the MX5 tunnel?