Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh fuelflow one. I got the low pressure yellow capped one http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/performance/auction-686095818.htm

not running a reg as it self regulates. works a treat but it makes a fucking racket when the car isnt using much gas and its pumping ontop of its self.

the dude said the piston ones are noisy (which I have), the diaphragm ones are much quieter.

Ill be going back to factory pump when the a15 goes in (as il be running factory carb on it) so you can give this one a hoon if you want? Probably doesnt have enough balls for you needs though.

• 2 weeks later...

Try back the gear box bolts off until the engine can spin freely.  Then tighten again slowly while checking that the engine can still spin.  Ive had this problem and recently had it again with the engine on the floor. It might be the location of the shaft and the spigot. 

hmm interesting, will give it a shot. Il whip the gbox off regardless as its 30 seconds work, the motor and box will have to come out regardless I think

I suspect I may have mucked up the release bearing somehow/thats the only thing I can think of that could be put together wrong.

Dont think so...that would make a different though would it?

I can turn it over with a socket on the crank, and it feels like its dragging on something for about 3/4 of the turn and then frees up. Its a solid noise so I expect it to be pretty obvious when I pull it apart

Shit beaver-san,

From that video, I can see that your engine is from a Van.

For one, Vans are fitted with less than awesome cams. (More bottom end)

Plus you have the uber ghey inlet manifold. See how the runners aim downhill from the ports? That was done on the later vans to gain more clearance on the underside of the seat.

Fuck that manifold off, and fit a different one, and gain free ponies. I might have one spare if you're lucky......