• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Change your spark plugs.

(Sorry if I've already posted that before)

It's quite likely you drowned the plugs when monkeying around with the bike carbs. Modern fuels fuck plugs if they get too fouled up. I had a brand new set of plugs once that had been fuel fouled. Despite being clean enough to eat off, it ran like a bag of hairy arseholes. NEw plugs fixed it.

Also, is you're mech advance working like it should? I've seen an A12 (Leppas) which ran super fucking shit when the dizzy was all fucked up with seized mech advance.

BTW, you MUST have this thing sorted for Hanmer. Failure is not an option........... 

I'm looking forward to smashing some bluetops/dot4 with my damn building buddy!

Sweet as. I am unsure of its condition as I got the motor out of a vanette at pickapart.  Its still all together so ive got to take it of the head, pretty sure its h89 oval port. I wont be able to get it off till thursday though as ive got an exam on wednesday afternoon. Ill send you a message when I get it off and have a better look at it

Hey just got the carb and the mainfold off together. Its the first time ive looked at it and this one has got water jackets through the manifold which i dont think is to common, although ive never played with a series motors before. Heres a few pics of it just let me know if it will be of any use to you

yYNV8G9l.jpg

Ye2mjnll.jpg

Mother of god. Thats some funky ass shit going on there! Looks like a crazy vacuum system/emissions control bullshit. Water jackets in the manifold is normal for the a15 (a12s dont have them) but yeh, my a15 carb setup is a lot simpler than that. I suspect what you have is from quite a late model van. Hope you didnt have to go through much effort to take it off but I don't think it will be worth my time to try it out (would have to piss around with all the vacuum lines etc).

Really appreciate the effort though!

No worries, I didnt think it was typical to have all those vacuum hoses and emission shit on it. Its got more vacuum hoses than my 4age!

Yeah it was from a van, must have had a really hard accelerator to move all the mechanisms and levers for it, I can bearly open the throttle by hand. Im going to slowly take it apart as I think that I can remove a piece from between the carb and the manifold which all the vacuum hoses connect up to, then it should be much simpler.

Its was no issue at all as im stripping the motor so I can rebuild it in the future, it came off easily as half the bolts were barely tight. I cant say the same about the crank pully bolt, I had to bust my ass on that.

• 2 months later...