Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

I dont get what are are getting at but I think Ill just have to believe you....

manifold is nothing abnormal....looks just like my a12 one, just different ports (oval). runners are 90 degrees from the head.

Also how can you tell from the video? lol

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizzy is the one that came with the a15. Will go see what heppens to the timing when I rev it.

I thought a12 and a15 haf differnt dizzys but ky what you rekon?

Just stripped and cleaned carb, seems to be a bit better, some of the intake mani bolts werent tight so perhaps a small vac leak as well

Unsure about dizzy differences, it does ring a bell but.. yeah, don't know.  Drive round and we'll throw my one in there for a test.  

...oh wait.

Easy enough to whip them both out and check lengths, etc.  Even if you pull the A15 one out and check for play/slop in the shaft compared to the A12 one.  Worth a look anyway. 

Dumb as fuck question, but do you have the vaccuum nipple on the front of the manifold (to number one cyl) blanked off?

I sold a mint engine on the tard once, and the kid came back crying about running on three.

There's a nipple on the front of the manifold that goes to the bimetalic spring thingee on the air cleaner. If it aint blocked, it'll drop number one like your sister after a one night stand.

Seems to be better, havnt tried swapping dizzys or anything yet. As Its not currently road testable and has a poorly functioning exhaust (so is hard to tell what its actually running like) I have opted to wait till I can drive it before worrying about fiddling with all the little stuff haha. Ive shifted it in and out of the shed a few times and it seems OK under load.

Also going to get one of those point replacement kits so will have another fiddle after that/pay day

Dumb as fuck question, but do you have the vaccuum nipple on the front of the manifold (to number one cyl) blanked off?

I sold a mint engine on the tard once, and the kid came back crying about running on three.

There's a nipple on the front of the manifold that goes to the bimetalic spring thingee on the air cleaner. If it aint blocked, it'll drop number one like your sister after a one night stand.

there is no vacuum nipple on the no. 1 runner. there are two on the no. 4 runner but I have sealed both off them off.