Mac's 88 E-GX81-AEPQF MARK II TC24

Hachi-ichi

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder with modded cars, (and this is in no way a criticism, I lucking fove it) what the guy who bought this car new, ticking the options boxes and coughing up all that dosh, would think of what became of his car.

I'd like to think he was amazed.

• Like 1

I always wonder with modded cars, (and this is in no way a criticism, I lucking fove it) what the guy who bought this car new, ticking the options boxes and coughing up all that dosh, would think of what became of his car.

I'd like to think he was amazed.

I often think of something similar, like why the FUK didnt he tick the sunroof box ? or the optional side wipers

31fe8dc3c6.jpg

• Like 6

Hmmm hard to say whether you would get exactly the sound you're after first try.

Why not build the exhaust and then have a flange just before the muffler... That way you can try a few different combos to see what's sweet.

My car runs two straight through mufflers from Chase, they were pretty cheap. I just went there and told the dude what I was after and he had a flick through his book and found me what I was after.

I flanged the rear muffler as I thought I'd need to swap it for something quieter/sanity... But it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

They'd probably have a pretty good idea of what would work for what you're after. It would suck to get something $$$ custom made $$$ and then it's not what you're wanting.

• Like 1

yeah thats exactly what im doing. have a flange just before the subframe where multiple mufflers could be tried. my first try is this cheap 12' drum reso from Red Line. straight through perf baffle for 60 bucs. We'll see how that goes. To be honest it's going to do fuck all and be loud as hell any way. Should make a good video to go with the mag article next month. 

But yeah I've accepted this isn't a one shot thing, going to take patience if I am after a very specific sound. 

• Like 1