Mac's 88 E-GX81-AEPQF MARK II TC24

Hachi-ichi

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that someone could fab identical ones up just as well for a fraction of the price. All shops I looked into threw a huge price figure onto it and gave me a waiting time of a few months due to being busy, which is fair enough however i'm not in the waiting business and it's not something I'd want to nag a mate to help me with to do it on the cheap.

I've done that a fair bit with this car and somethings you just accept that shelling out large is almost mandatory (which I'm all good with)

3rd option would be to learn how to weld and make them myself. However that can wait, I want noise. 

• Like 4

My favourite part is still the speed to sound difference. If you're just listening to it, you think, "Fuck, he's nailing it" then you watch the speed at which the background is passing and there's such a massive disparity. Looks like it would be an absolute riot though. I know I used to love making decel noises in the 110. Can you dial in more fuel, go for a long run, get the whole exhaust hot and then try spit some flames? Decel flames are great.

• Like 2

yeah i've yet to really give it hell. when its hot, has a bit of decent decel however the reso pulls all the nasties out. But yeah, the speed disparity is ridiculous, i dont need to break 60 yet it sounds so fast. Engine is next on the to do list so cams/ springs / piggyback should help.