Mac's 88 E-GX81-AEPQF MARK II TC24

Hachi-ichi

Well, hello. I have been lurking/ enjoying these forums for some time now so I decided to make a build thread considering I have money to fund it now.

Well here it is, My car is a 88 MARK II Grande TWINCAM24

(E-GX81-AEPQF* for those that want to know the spec)

I bought it in July last year as a first car, and only this year have I started making progress on it. Being the trim it is *, it's A340E Automatic, it is also Twincam with a Yamaha GE head, none of these narrow valve angle economy runs here lol. It is actually optioned pretty well too. It has Toyota's A/D (cruise control that still functions), TEMS "sport" adjustable dampers and lastly being a TC24, it has the flippy sunk in rear head rests that are pretty cool. Got Factory Blue velour is surprisingly good cond with a few ciggie burns it seems, no biggie but oh well.

What Have I done to it?

Well.. seeing as I was in school last year, Nothing... but as of part way through this year, I got employment soo of course I attacked some bits off my list. Seeing as the car is pretty problem free and a decent daily, I thought id knock the easy cosmetic bits off my list towards the start.

* JAF badge and sticker set

* 30x5 cm BRIDGESTONE decal

* BBS 15x6.5J +40 Meshies that came with all centre caps (yet one fell off this year >< )

*2 Tsurikawa (yes I know the tow hook one faces the wrong way for now, and im doing a shit job of Shakotan because my Tsurikawa isn't eating asphalt)

* KP fender mirrors, yes they aren't chrome 61 items, and I am looking for a set but for now, im very happy with these.

* Not really an addition, but i loped a muffler off because its bad enough driving an auto let alone not being able to hear it.

* Removed the spoiler

* I have a W55 and the entire list of items for my conversion (took me a few months to get my shit together) and I currently have the OEM hand brake in. I literally just need the extra experience/ hand to get the box out and then in.

* Woodgrain 3 spoke that suits nicely

What are your plans huh?

Well... for a few years I was/ still am a JZX freak and 90s/ early 2000s loser who wants VVT-i 1J noise and all that.. But After owning a 1G powered Sports sedan and getting more into Shakotan Toyotas, 80s street racer sedans and NA noise, I decided to pursue this, because I honestly enjoy that and seeing as I have fairly decent spec'd example, why not continue?

After learning more, as you do, I found out that there are a few necessary items needed to accomplish the true Shakotan 80s X series, 1st being the TRUST TR-EX NA manifold for 1G.. well when I first saw the price of it, I ignored it, but being employed has its perks... so I am going to be getting one in the future, seeing as there is no TR-EX manifold X81, I will have to make do with the X71 piece, the clearance between steering shaft will be close, but other than that, its a bolt on item.

Of course a straight pipe and resonator will go with this for some proper noise.

Next on my list are some wider 15' by at least 8 J on some 18-195s, being 5x114.3 pcd means my options aren't as good and what I really want, I dont think I will get ( XR-4s) sooo its down to a few things... MK I lookin Enkeis, Wats, Reverse Mesh, Wider BBS mesh, or a few other wheels.

And lastly (probably easiest and first inline) some "Harmonic Drives" or Coilovers as they are better know as... well as far as these go, im looking for anything that offers firmness, low and maybe even some TEMS retaining Dampers,

Very lastly, I would like some Fender mirror spec Wing mirror guards for my doors, so I dont have these little pointy fins where the mirrors used to be, I am probably going to have to hustle an Indonesian taxi driver for his off an 81

Now that I have this, I do want something older hahaha, TC24 61 Hardtop Cresta would be perfect, but sohc ones seem to be rare enough in NZ, so maybe some TC24 running gear + badges on one?

Now some Pics ( sorry for largeness and sh*t quality) but you get the idea

7627321800_4989191967_b.jpg

7627322592_0f130615cd_b.jpg

7627323426_60e4ab356f_z.jpg

7627324320_69f61b6b8e_b.jpg

7627325018_dd80059fe9_b.jpg

7627326178_9ed9a33958_b.jpg

7627327046_7f7b59caca_b.jpg

7627328014_a1fc5c4cc6_b.jpg

7627328660_6209de4539_b.jpg

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got my twin straight pipes installed, de catted with silencer removed. It has a resonator per pipe but they do fuck all...

Got pulled over yesterday but oddly enough it was because the Officer thought my Tsurikawa was something that had fallen off my car... I didn't dare mention my car's noise to him. And pulling away he didn't take any looks so I conclude that if i drive everywhere under 2500 revs then its legal and im fine, but if go any higher then I deserve a ticket and a sticker thats pink.

Quick vid of the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxJOAcLrik

• 7 months later...
Guest Hachi-ichi

time flies.

parts aquired.

81 fun times.

Kei Office Fully adjustable Coilover type susp.

average EX mani, itl do.

Hektic NA 1G cams.

tumblr_mkax0l78Dg1s9ykkdo1_1280.jpg

Cleaned up the 5-M/T Going in soon ! !

tumblr_mk9ohvlPbI1s9ykkdo1_1280.jpg

my

SSR MK I. 8.0 J +12 205/55R15

SSR MK I. 7.5 J + 5 195/55R15

tumblr_mk9obeVjMm1s9ykkdo1_500.jpg

For times to come ! !

tumblr_mk9ntjNTt41s9ykkdo1_1280.jpg

healthy 1G stopped dripping !

Did plugs/ filters/ and all things fun !

tumblr_mk9nyi9aQv1s9ykkdo1_1280.jpg

Guest threetwoskyline

Dude, yes. You finally have the tsurikawa on the floor where it's meant to be !

This thing is going to be soooo cool with the SSR's on it, can't wait.