Is it legal to transport Argon bottles in your car?

NicT

I have to drive 40km today with 2m3 of Argon in my car. Is this legal? Should I put a class 2 sticker in my car?

The bottle will be secure as i have mounts and straps for it, but still gievs me the hebejebes driving with 4000psi of compressed gas in my car.

I used to have to go pick up the argoshield and oxy etc bottles for my old work in the bosses ute. Used to just throw them in the tray. Kinda freaky when you slam on the brakes an they slide into the back of the cab

/spam

I can store as much thinners and paint related material on my private property as I like but only up to 60L at my work

go figure : might be semi related if you use your Private Vehicle and not a work ute etc

provided it is well secured, insurance is major issue, especially things like doing work related things on a private policy,

/i just put it in my boot and dont care. if you crash it will put the fire out :P

GOT TO LIVE EXTREME MAAAN

provided it is well secured, insurance is major issue, especially things like doing work related things on a private policy,

/i just put it in my boot and dont care. if you crash it will put the fire out :P

GOT TO LIVE EXTREME MAAAN

Argon bottle shoots out the side of a vehicle.

Its not work related its a private use bottle so insurance can suck it. Talked to Supagas and they said so long as i throw a class 2 sticker in the window no one can do shit.

I have it seatbelted in for extra security

if you crash it will put the fire out :P

So true haha.

Just strap it in well would be my advice. Have transported my CO2 cylinder around in my car. I just laid it down in rear foot well and wedged seat back against it. Unless someone drove full speed into the cylinder and took the valve off i'd say you'd be fine.

After the quakes down here we came across a few 45KG LPG cylinders that had walls fall on them and were dented :shock: Would take a LOT to make a argon cylinder go off.

Much like how if you crash it will put the fire out, you won't likely won't be around to deal with the consequences so why worry. :lol:

that would be in uncompressed form ^

there is some weird rule, you can take 1 or 2 bottles? but not more. which probably = the 250L as above. which is likely to be the water capacity of the bottles. not the compressed contents

we can carry the 1 or 2 bottles at work, more need to be a proper carrier. said bottles are bigger than a G bottle.

that^

im pretty sure you can carry a couple of 9kg lpg bottles in your car without dg's.

dunno about argon though , would no doubt have the same rules .

i have my dg book lying around somewhere might try and find it/ nah internet is easier

stop being such a pussy and dont be a retard and you'll be fine. I used to regularly pick up 2 H size acetylene and 2 N size oxy bottles rolling in a work ute tray at the same time, no one was killed. Stopped mercilessly drag racing cunts for that period of time

I'm pretty sure they are 200 bar which is more like 3000 psi so you are already 25% safer than you thought. That said, I spent years driving around Ak with argon in my single cab ute. The chances of getting booked by the 5.0 are almost zero as they wont know what argon is and you can bs your way out of it.

yeah thats what I am getting at, ie:

Thats not going to fly well when 2m3 is 2000 litres of compressed Argon....

isnt right, so how many litres of compressed argon would he be carrying, the 250l will apply to pressurised volume.

stop being such a pussy and dont be a retard and you'll be fine. I used to regularly pick up 2 H size acetylene and 2 N size oxy bottles rolling in a work ute tray at the same time, no one was killed. Stopped mercilessly drag racing cunts for that period of time

this task was completed 6 hours ago. I was just curious when i asked.

yeah thats what I am getting at, ie:

Thats not going to fly well when 2m3 is 2000 litres of compressed Argon....

isnt right, so how many litres of compressed argon would he be carrying, the 250l will apply to pressurised volume.

How is 2 cubic metres of argon not 2000 litres? 1 cubic metre is 1000 litres, the bottle states it has 2m3 and i was charged for 2m3, so why would i not have 2000 litres of argon?