Cheerio's AE86 of omfghax

Roman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys! it owes me about $15,000 so far, i'd hate to think how much it would be had i been paying someone to do it for me! so really its a pretty achievable build. I estimate it will be about $25,000 ~ $30,000 when finished. Sorry KK i wont be here this weekend but Andy Gal will give you a full pine tour of it, i'll be in Sydney at the world time attack ;)

Sorry KK i wont be here this weekend but Andy Gal will give you a full pine tour of it, i'll be in Sydney at the world time attack ;)
Oh rats - I wanted to see you and cuddle you in thanks for your Nats goodness. When do you fly out?

Good work Bairdy. What fuel are you planning on using?

Have you seen this?

3610.jpg

That's a stock 2jzge+t on e85 through a big stalled converter, so probably making ~700 at the fly. Pretty impressive, but probably not what you are going for.

Also 2jz's love head porting, they did one on PF and it came on boost ~600 rpm earlier and made a bunch more power.

Conclusions:

2JZ's are easy to get inlet flow up to a point, after that getting more is a prick - exhaust flow is harder to get on stock valves, bigger valves help a lot.

Port runners become a restriction with larger valves, significant work is required to get them flowing - exhausts need a LOT of metal removal.

These engines will respond well to more lift than stock, any more than a basic cleanup on the intakes is not worth it unless bigger cams are going to be used.

For stock cams you'd stick with stock intake valves - extra lift is required to get the most from a larger valve.

Exhausts will benefit from larger valves, even with stock cams.

This head has now gone past what you would call a street port & is verging on fairly extreme.

Now I just have to finish it!

TK

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67216619-2JZ-head-porting/

Good work Bairdy. What fuel are you planning on using?

Have you seen this?

3610.jpg

That's a stock 2jzge+t on e85 through a big stalled converter, so probably making ~700 at the fly. Pretty impressive, but probably not what you are going for.

Also 2jz's love head porting, they did one on PF and it came on boost ~600 rpm earlier and made a bunch more power.

Conclusions:

2JZ's are easy to get inlet flow up to a point, after that getting more is a prick - exhaust flow is harder to get on stock valves, bigger valves help a lot.

Port runners become a restriction with larger valves, significant work is required to get them flowing - exhausts need a LOT of metal removal.

These engines will respond well to more lift than stock, any more than a basic cleanup on the intakes is not worth it unless bigger cams are going to be used.

For stock cams you'd stick with stock intake valves - extra lift is required to get the most from a larger valve.

Exhausts will benefit from larger valves, even with stock cams.

This head has now gone past what you would call a street port & is verging on fairly extreme.

Now I just have to finish it!

TK

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67216619-2JZ-head-porting/

IMO I would exhaust ( pun not intended but I'll take it) all other options before spending loads if doh on head porting. they already flow enough for more than what he will probably be able to use realistically and they are not poor flowing heads stock compared to other engines out there.

remember it has two extra cylinders to breath through for a given hp than a 3s.

just IMO. I had a tt supra and head porting was the last thing needed from the research I did.