ja1lb8's 38 Chev

Dell'orto

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32721

Turbos are 2j, Want to run the sequential setup but thats alot of plumbing to fit in a small hole ,

Leaving the engine as is and if it breaks it breaks, I think its about 11:1compression so cant put much boost up it

just about to order some shockwave airbags out of the states for it.

Ill see what I can do about the photos cause those really do suck being so small

just put up some photos of the body shell taken a few days before it was shipped to nz from the states

Got carted interstate from one of the middle us states, not sure which on but came off a sioux indian reservation

on closer inspection of the shell i think its been rolled on its side or more likely had something land on one corner of the roof as its quite buckled :cry:

fortunatly i have a spare roof buts thats one job im really not looking forward to

Im at a but of a crossroad as to where this going at the moment.

Its getting airbags so its gunna be low but tossing up on wheel choice, I really like the traditional bigs and littles 15*10s and 14*8s which is what i had on my last chev and it really looked the part, great stance, but if i go that route i cant my big brakes in there which i think is a must when you start making decent hp and weigh the better part of 2 tonnes

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, this is epic!

What are your plans with the body? rat? authentic bullet holes are sweet 8)

Funny how an almost factory Honda Shuttle has 10 pages of comments, yet this has less than 10 posts? :?

Haha was in Wanganui today and saw an old lady, at least 70 get out of her white twin carb honda shuttle

Just wanna get the body mounted for a start, worry about paint (if any) after that

Roof needs replacing cause its a but bent and wavy so might as well give it a but of a top chop while at it

want to keep the bumpers and chome

The turbo manifolds are a long way from finished, just cut the flanges off the 2j mainfolds and welded the 1gz flanges on , still need to die girind heeps out of them and put some steam pipe bends on the end to fiinish them up, I just welded up enough to prove to myself that i could get it all to fit for a start

Got an old lathe the other day which used to be my grandads so been flat out in the shed machineing up parts thats have been backing up

Got the big brake conversion mocked up now and it looks like it should work a treat. Used hq stub axles and hubs, machined the disk off and machined the inside out of the toyota century disk so it all slots together with the right offset for the calipers , still have to make up some sort of plate to mount the caliper to the stub axle

I'm helping a mate slam one of these engines into a 48 Ford ute so hence my interest

Awesome, any chance of some pics of that project?

Just tryna get my airride suspension stuff sorted from the states but having a few differculties as the shocks are on back order and i dont think there going to be ready in time for the container that my dads got coming in so im a bit bummed about that

I'm helping a mate slam one of these engines into a 48 Ford ute so hence my interest

Awesome, any chance of some pics of that project?

Just tryna get my airride suspension stuff sorted from the states but having a few differculties as the shocks are on back order and i dont think there going to be ready in time for the container that my dads got coming in so im a bit bummed about that

Yeah dude, will grab some next time I'm over there.

Got the bags already in his one, just sorting out the sump to cross member clearance and then can mount the engine.

What trans are you going to run?