ja1lb8's 38 Chev

Dell'orto

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a pretty cool project you have, the Chev and Ford Tudors are cool looking cars, do you have a front for it? they should be easy to find and cheep unlike the Ford parts of that vintage. did you weld a steel flange to that cast iron exhaust manifold?

Thats a pretty cool project you have, the Chev and Ford Tudors are cool looking cars, do you have a front for it? they should be easy to find and cheep unlike the Ford parts of that vintage. did you weld a steel flange to that cast iron exhaust manifold?

Yeah, I have several complete front clips for it , well just choose the best of whats there, Yea it welded not to bad, I think its some kind of cast steel as opposed to Iron tho or some kind of blend as it sparks when you grind it unlike carst iron but its not like normal steel either

Yeah, I have several complete front clips for it , well just choose the best of whats there, Yea it welded not to bad, I think its some kind of cast steel as opposed to Iron tho or some kind of blend as it sparks when you grind it unlike carst iron but its not like normal steel either

It looked like it welded quit well, it might be malleable white iron or something,

So jelly of your shed/motivation/abilities.

Just remembered I forgot to pm you my deets, will do so now, so next time you're in town, you can work on my cars, lols.

Thanks for the kind words people, thought about looking you up last time i was home but things were a bit crazy that weekend, did 1200kms driving with a trailer,went to auckland and picked up a car for my brother (thanks sheepers) then dropped it off in Whakatane and picked up my body shell to bring back down here so by the time all that was loaded/unloaded i was pretty buggered

Wow this is awesome... Very different and very cool. Love the chassis work. Simply EPIC. This will Haul ass, how many Hp you going to get?

Hp? not really sure , Maybe 500, its like 2 2.5l turbo engines together so that shouldnt be pushing it to much, cant run much boost due to compression

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear uncle Ray Ray, you do great work, you should be well chuffed. Shits looking good man!

I was talking to this guy, whos name I cant remember, he has the old celica with the v12 and viper manual, and he was also slapping a few turbs on his one. The word on the street is (and you may have already covered this) that these bad boys cant handle any more than 6psi, so I guess this is what ya'll be running?

Dear uncle Ray Ray, you do great work, you should be well chuffed. Shits looking good man!

I was talking to this guy, whos name I cant remember, he has the old celica with the v12 and viper manual, and he was also slapping a few turbs on his one. The word on the street is (and you may have already covered this) that these bad boys cant handle any more than 6psi, so I guess this is what ya'll be running?

I know who this person is, pm me for deets.

Yeah nah that's the one

Probably looks a but like this one aye

DSC02773.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

Good mate of brothers , names simon

Looking good ray-dog, you should go column shift for sure. Depending on space its easier to do with a linkage, check out some factory column shifts for ideas, they are real simple.

pulled out the toyota floor shifter last night for a look and not keen at all , column it is!

Accelerator pedal on the other hand looks like its made for the job, toying up whether to use the fly by wire throttles which would mean fitting the all the rest of the accelerator sensor linkage thing, Gunna use a link which says it well support fly by wire but would pay to ring up and ask to make sure