ja1lb8's 38 Chev

Dell'orto

Dear uncle Ray Ray, you do great work, you should be well chuffed. Shits looking good man!

I was talking to this guy, whos name I cant remember, he has the old celica with the v12 and viper manual, and he was also slapping a few turbs on his one. The word on the street is (and you may have already covered this) that these bad boys cant handle any more than 6psi, so I guess this is what ya'll be running?

Just gunna run all the factory actuators and wastegates from the 2jz which well be pushing the limits but should be alright, Its cause the compressions up around 11:1 might even be 11.5:1 cant remember and the rods arent all that big either

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SETTLE DOWN BUDDY, SETTLE DOWN.

Dear uncle ray ray, go get your eyes checked, your are clearly blind.

Regards, Thomas.

xoxox

I offer my deepest and sincerest appologies to any that i may of offended (Thomas) ,On second thoughts it looks much closer to a 240z

PS you gunna be home around around christmas, im coming visiting

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

I love your regular updates and progress. However this time I'm a little worried about the brackets out the bottom of your bottom arms.

Unless you are planning on running some large diameter wheels then that is going to smash the ground when you get a flat tyre and even if you are running large diameter wheels then it is still going to snag up on things like kerbs and speedbumps in normal everyday driving.

DSC03366.jpg

Have some faith, That pic does give a bit of a scewed perspective mind you, the bottom of the shock sits 50mm off the ground with a 17" rim ,with a tyre on there its easily over 100mm of ground clearance

Well make the bottom A arm just as i made the top one except using bushes instead of rod ends and slightly different mounting of the ball joint to give more clearance